• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 Wildfire Season

t also renews my rage about Alberts cutting back on fire fighters, watch towers, and rap attack

I love the tight, comfy design, charm and feel of Jasper. Despite that, how can the province be blamed for so much of this? As I mentioned above, when North America's best trained, highest budgeted FD (LA county) says they can't stop urban wildfires, and the millions spent on "forrest management " is a wasted effort. How rational is it to blame the province for this? I am impressed with the efforts to slow the fire in this weather, and the communication to keep people safe throughout this fire. Tourists are often forgotten in the pre-planning and during these types of natural hazards.

I love the tight, comfy design, charm and feel of Jasper. Despite that, how can the province be blamed for so much of this? As I mentioned above, when North America's best trained, highest budgeted FD (LA county) says they can't stop urban wildfires, and the millions spent on "forrest management " is a wasted effort. How rational is it to blame the province for this? I am impressed with the efforts to slow the fire in this weather, and the communication to keep people safe throughout this fire. Tourists are often forgotten in the pre-planning and during these types of natural hazards.
Especially since Parks Canada is the primary agency responsible for both fuel mitigation and firefighting in Jasper National Park- not the Alberta Government.

I like Jasper, too. I much prefer it to Banff. Sadly, it may be years before a visit is possible again…

Back