• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

The burden of proof is on the ones saying it was a true document, not for Trump to prove it wasn't.

More. They don't have the document from the sounds of it.
There’s no burden of proof issue here, because he’s not charged with dissemination of the documents. The 31 counts pertaining to the documents themselves are for unlawful retention. They don’t need to prove what document he was waving around in that particular interview because the contents or nature of that document don’t constitute an element of any of the counts charged. Remember, they took over 100 classified records back; they’ve only charged 31 of them- likely the ones they could get agreement from the originators to use for court purposes.

The real value of that interview will be showing his mindset, and, particularly his comments showing that he knew he lacked declassification authority post-presidency. That last bit is a powerful contribution to establishing the mens rea of the offences, and pre-emptively slamming the door shut on any attempts he might make to repeat his oft-stated claim that the documents were declassified, or that he had authority to unilaterally declassify them simply by the act of taking them with him out of office. In the text of the indictment, this recording and the interview it took place in are grouped with another similar such event that investigators have testimony on.

Though a sensational news story, this recording is just one small, if bright, tile in the much larger mosaic that is this investigation. Not much on its own, but it bolsters and corroborates other things.

How someone with dementia who can't tell the difference between Ukraine and Iraq can still be president just boggles my mind.

Lib media was all over Trump for drinking too much pop but nothing is mentioned on Biden being completely incoherent if he speaks off script. He won't make it mentally, let alone physically, through a second term.

How someone with dementia who can't tell the difference between Ukraine and Iraq can still be president just boggles my mind.

He's killing it with the economy, so there's that.

Lib media was all over Trump for drinking too much pop but nothing is mentioned on Biden being completely incoherent if he speaks off script. He won't make it mentally, let alone physically, through a second term.
I think everyone knows I’m not POTUS’s biggest fan, but given the scrutiny he’s under, I don’t think the occasional gaffe means dementia.

I’d be more concerned if he was having trouble stringing sentences together.

Would be be my first choice for President, no, but if it comes down to the choice of him or Trump, I’ll vote for him (while clenching my teeth and trying not to vomit) as he’s the lesser of two evils at that point.

I think everyone knows I’m not POTUS’s biggest fan, but given the scrutiny he’s under, I don’t think the occasional gaffe means dementia.

I’d be more concerned if he was having trouble stringing sentences together.

Would be be my first choice for President, no, but if it comes down to the choice of him or Trump, I’ll vote for him (while clenching my teeth and trying not to vomit) as he’s the lesser of two evils at that point.
I think the Dems are hoping Trump wins the nomination for exactly this reason. No one wants Biden, but they want Trump even less...

Mind you, people we're kind of saying that in 2016, so, fool me once and all...

Neither one is hands-on. In both administrations, the key staff and other contributors were/are responsible for almost all of the useful outputs. The question is which administration, collectively, is the lesser of two evils, regardless of the figurehead. And in both cases evaluating the fitness of the VP candidate will be important.

Lapses and infirmities are part of aging. Biden is just too old for the demands of the job.
If Donald Trump is elected in 2024 he'll be the oldest President ever elected at 78 years old compared to Biden who was 77 when elected in 2000 (but 78 when sworn in).

Agreed that they are both too old to be re-elected to the office. Hopefully both parties will select other, younger candidates.

If Donald Trump is elected in 2024 he'll be the oldest President ever elected at 78 years old compared to Biden who was 77 when elected in 2000 (but 78 when sworn in).

Agreed that they are both too old to be re-elected to the office. Hopefully both parties will select other, younger candidates.

President's and PMs shouldn't be allowed to hold the office after a certain age. I'd propose 60.

Yes, but comparing Trump in 2024 to Biden in 2020 is not useful if Biden is running against Trump again. Biden will also be 4 years older. The point (for voters) is to evaluate the factor before making the decision to vote. What Trump's age is if he wins again is just a curiosity for record books.

Yes, but comparing Trump in 2024 to Biden in 2020 is not useful if Biden is running against Trump again. Biden will also be 4 years older. The point (for voters) is to evaluate the factor before making the decision to vote. What Trump's age is if he wins again is just a curiosity for record books.
Same for Biden if you are saying that age in and of itself isn't a factor.

You hear Biden make verbal slips and suggest it's dementia. George W. Bush made TONS of verbal slips and they were just verbal slips. There were serious concerns about Regan's mental capacity but he's viewed by many as a great Republican President.

Like others here I'm no great fan of Biden but I see no evidence that he's mentally unfit for the Presidency. Might that change over time? Who knows...I had a great aunt with dementia in her early 70's and a grandmother that was sharp as a whip at 96.

If you're saying that Biden is currently not fit to be President due to the fact that he is not of sufficient mental capacity to fulfill the position then that would require some proof but if you're saying that he shouldn't be President due to his advanced age and the resultant risk that he MAY become mentally incapable of fulfilling the role then the same standard should be applied to any Presidential candidate of similarly advanced age...including Donald Trump.

Same for Biden if you are saying that age in and of itself isn't a factor.

You hear Biden make verbal slips and suggest it's dementia. George W. Bush made TONS of verbal slips and they were just verbal slips. There were serious concerns about Regan's mental capacity but he's viewed by many as a great Republican President.

Like others here I'm no great fan of Biden but I see no evidence that he's mentally unfit for the Presidency. Might that change over time? Who knows...I had a great aunt with dementia in her early 70's and a grandmother that was sharp as a whip at 96.

If you're saying that Biden is currently not fit to be President due to the fact that he is not of sufficient mental capacity to fulfill the position then that would require some proof but if you're saying that he shouldn't be President due to his advanced age and the resultant risk that he MAY become mentally incapable of fulfilling the role then the same standard should be applied to any Presidential candidate of similarly advanced age...including Donald Trump.
I suspect Biden is becoming mentally feeble (as in his recent God Save the Queen outburst???). Kind of like how Reagen began uttering senseless gibberish in the latter stages of his term. Trump, on the other hand, seems to know what he is saying but is IMHO suffering from a number of psychiatric disorders which make him dangerous. Neither Biden nor Trump are suitable candidates but if I had to choose one over the other, after holding pinching my nostrils closed, I’d go for Biden.

I do think there should be either a maximum age requirement or a yearly test for mental and or medical competency.

Last edited:
Not a word about the alleged Biden crime spree? What did he promise in exchange for the alleged millions, the House Committee is holding bank accounts for? Or the WhatApp messages of Hunter's that implicate his dad? Or the IRS whistleblowers alleging being told to stand down on investigating the bidens? Or the unpaid millions in taxes, dating well back passed 2014, that are unrecoverable due to statute of limitations? And that just scratches the surface. But let's keep making it about Trump and defending biden🤣

Reactions: QV
Back