• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "nickname" for the CDS?

Espirit de Corps has had a running section about a nickname for the CDS.  Haven't looked to see if they've come to a concensus yet.....

DD

Did you watch the Vid, it was Scott Taylor and his Magazine that bestowed on him the Nickname, So yes they did come up with a concensus.

HAHAHAHA :rofl: The Big Cod, I bet Rick could take Chuck Norris to town    :threat: 

Nickname?.....

Uh... Niner
        Sunray
        General
        Rick
        Buddy (no disrespect: All Newfoundlanders refer to the other guy as "buddy")
        Bye ( as in "yes bye" [boy/buddy] )

Do we need any other nickname

geo said:
Nickname?.....

Uh... Niner
        Sunray
        General
        Rick
        Buddy (no disrespect: All Newfoundlanders refer to the other guy as "buddy")
        Bye ( as in "yes bye" [boy/buddy] )

Do we need any other nickname

"Sir"  comes to mind,  but that's just me being respectful of my CDS and what he represents for all Canadians.  What a concept, eh!

I can think of a few nicknames for Scott Taylor... none of them are fit to publish ;)

HitorMiss said:
DD

Did you watch the Vid, it was Scott Taylor and his Magazine that bestowed on him the Nickname, So yes they did come up with a concensus.
Ah, yes.  I especially thought the Chuck Norris reference was hilarious.... we seem to get a lot of that around here.

IMHO - "The Big Cod" sucks. 

It is not suited for a person in his position, at this time in the Canadian Force's history.

I watched the video up until the "nickname" was announced then turned it off. As a former soldier, I was totally embarrassed for General Hillier.  Who but a person from the Atlantic Provinces would know the meaning of the nickname and I believe a damn few from the Atlantic Provinces would know anyway. I'm from NL and I would not know the meaning behind the "nickname".

I have a few "nicknames for Mr. Taylor IE: jerk, a-hole, dirtbag, etc.,etc.

Overtime Military personnel will provide a "nickname" for the General. Not Mr. Taylor.

The only nickname suited for Gen. Hillier is "Sir", he earned it.

Haggis said:
"Sir"  comes to mind,  but that's just me being respectful of my CDS and what he represents for all Canadians.  What a concept, eh!

Doh!  :cdnsalute:
How could I have missed that one? 

Codfather is good - but it's already been done.

I heard "Uncle Rick" a few times.
Honestly, I think he does look like an uncle.

he's either a) Slick Rick or b) The Newfoundland Bad Boy

Back