• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Puzzle - Can you identify these uniform slip ons?

Hmmm.... light field gray? 
could be 1st war era French army. 
Flaming bombs - Artillery?

looks to be a grenadier unit from the flaming bomb, but other than that I have no idea.

If we relate to UK traditions; Arty, Engineers & Grenadiers all use / used flaming grenades (bombs)

They appear to me like French shoulder boards but then again I have been known to be RTFO before.

Its possible it could be from a member of the 16th Irish Division who was a Fusilier. The Division served all of world war 1 in the western front.

Caleix

WW 1 German Artillery shoulder boards.

Worth about 40 bucks a piece. Check out the link

http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques.com/display.php?prodid=5301&getcategory=&session=11550be6d588d38632c36266b70bf827

The gray unpiped version is the pattern normally worn on the "vereinfachte" or simplified M1910 tunic. This pattern was also worn on the early war, light gray overcoat beginning in early 1915. The 201.FAR was part of the 101.Division and spent nearly the entire war on the eastern front. At the end of 1917 the division was broken up and I am not sure where the 201.FAR was sent.

The 16.FAR was from upper Silesia and part of the I.Prussian army corps., 1.Division. It fought on both fronts, including a period at Verdun in the summer of 1916.

Hope this helps :salute:

Back