• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Tasking

• Thread starter Thread starter RHFC_CPL
  • Start date Start date
R

RHFC_CPL

:cdn:
Heh, I am looking to move to NFLD from Ont and I am having a hard time trying to find a job before I go. If there is anyone from the east coast in Logistics who knows of any tasking or postings with like 1or 2 RNR or anyone who wants a reserve infantry cpl with DP2A (machine gun) and MLVW+LSVW that would be great.

Thanks
                                  :fifty:

If there is anyone anyone who wants a reserve infantry cpl with DP2A (machine gun) and MLVW+LSVW that would be great.

Do you also enjoy long walks on the beach?

Seriously, did you even consider checking the postings through your unit? Call your BOR.

Yes I did ask, but we are one of the largest units in LFCA, there are alot more troops than just little old me. I figured it couldn't help looking myself.

Oh and no, long walks on the beach are not my thing...talk is cheap.

Have you talked with anyone from Nfld yet?

There is a position with Transport with 1 RNR, I think. Your CO would have to ask their CO though...

thanx a bunch...i will look into it this thursday at my unit.

Man occasionally stumbles over the truth but usually manages to pick himself up, step over or around it, and carry on.

- Sir Winston Churchill

Quick word to avoid you stepping on a certain appendage when you get to the Rock. RNR is the Royal Naval Reserve. The abbreviation used there is RNFLDR (either 1st or 2nd Bn.) Trust me you don't want to look like a another damn ignorant Upper Canadian or mainlander when you get there and yes I speak from experience.  :)

Re taskings there should be some, always was a fair bit of class B/C during my tenure there. Odds are though considering the high unemployment rates in Atlantic Canada such positions are going to go to trusted local guys before being offered to the new guy.

BTW are you transferring to the RNLDR or just staying RHFC and attaching? Believe it or not that may make a difference. Putting up  a new capbadge and joining a new "Regimental Family" goes a long way to remove that new guy, come from away stigma when it comes to taskings/ call outs and just life in general. A lot easier on the admin side too. QM there doesn't stock sporrans.  :)

Overall enjoy it great place, and good unit. I enjoyed my 7 years there.

Once again thanks. Depending how long I am down there for. I will probably change units and when I come back from down home i'll change back to the fusiliers... Thanxs a bunch though...you've been a good help.

Remember the Regiment has it's own unique way of screeching in new guys, more intense ( and fun) than the way they do tourists  ;D

Back