• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aborting P.Res, needed help for R.Force

• Thread starter Thread starter Red-Water.06
  • Start date Start date
R

Red-Water.06

Half or a Full year? 
Hi, I applied for CF Pres july 2007, I asked nearly exact same question to a recruiter at CRFC mississauga half an hour ago. I will also be talking to a recruiter this wednesday for what I may miss here.
Fom july till now,I've finished all my tests including interview at CFRC Mississauga and was informed they are fine.
Then my file was transported to CFRC Hamilton at my request because 32 Brigade except 7th artillery. (not an option at the till or now) 
I contacted CFRC Hamilton multiple times and yet informed that my files are just fine and the recruiters are going to be calling my references to finish it up.
I was informed last december that I may be able to start my BMQ with an Artillery Regiment (In 33 Brigade at the same spot as RHLI)  in January. Now that I know that I'll have no where to go with P.Res till summer. 
The difference with last year and this year is that I am turning 17 this March and am confirmed that I have conesent from parents to apply for Regular Forces. I enjoy my school (high school) and am willing to apply for RMC later on.
Would there be any way that I could stay going to school and doing my BMQ with regular forces in this summer?
Alike last topic any piece of information will be helpful for me. Though I ask all readers politely to stay on the topic.

Then my file was transported to CFRC Hamilton at my request because 32 Brigade except 7th artillery. (not an option at the till or now) 

Your post is difficult to read but the above statement is the hardest to understand.  Please clarify.

Why did you request the transfer from Mississauga to Hamilton CFRC?

thanks for that, I transferred my files from Mississauga to Hamilton because When I applied was July in 2007, when I finished my test was the beginning of October 2007.
In July I was told many times that the regiment that I was asking for (Lorne Scots and P.Res) is hiring. For unknown reason, I got held back till September to make first contact with CFRC Mississauga.
When It passed September, I realized that I will miss winter bmq. I also asked at the recruiting centre if there is any unit open within this area (which is 32nd  Brigade) I was told that 7th Artillery Regiment is hiring.
I had bad traffic conditions plus wasn't able to contact the regimental recruiting office.
I transferred my files to CRFC Hamilton after speaking to a recruiter at CFRC Hamilton about 33 Brigade and it has a spot open for me and the address that he gave me was within my driving range. I'll also edit my post for the readers to have easier time reading it. Again, thanks for reminding me, I hurried a too much.

Greenrubberduckie said:
Would there be any way that I could stay going to school and doing my BMQ with regular forces in this summer?

No

well i guess then my career has to wait its turn. Thanks for the answer.

Greenrubberduckie said:

You should finnish school first anyways so, no big loss

it's not a a big loss at all but it kinda makes me disappointed of CF because some of my friends applied and get their result in a wekk or maximum 3 months, and what is it with me and timing? In fact one of them applied at the same time same place and he's doing BMQ and I find myself in my room and find it very stupid.

Are units in southern Ontario so full that they have to wait until a regiment has a 'vacancy' before putting someone on Basic? 

TCBF, Yes. There are limited BMQ and co op positions avail in southern Ontario.

TCBF said:
Are units in southern Ontario so full that they have to wait until a regiment has a 'vacancy' before putting someone on Basic?   

That's the case in some places.  My current CO is coming down on us to make sure we're keeping track of NES pers so they can be put through the administrative process as quickly as possible to get them released and off the unit establishment in order to free up more spots.  He was telling us that recruiting is going to be more phased with task forces generated by LFCA - that is, when LFCA is generating, we'll be able to recruit more to fill spots of guys going on tour who will probably move on to the Reg F afterward.

- So, units are full 'Peacetime Establishment'? Apart from a man-days pay consideration, what is stopping them from recruiting 1,000 man regiments?

TCBF said:
- So, units are full 'Peacetime Establishment'? Apart from a man-days pay consideration, what is stopping them from recruiting 1,000 man regiments?

I would guess money would be at the top of the list, along with equipment, space etc.

this cause me to feel worse every time i watch CF ads on tv, join in, we ahve no room for you.

Greenrubberduckie said:

While your at it, work on your grammar and sentence structure, your posts are atrocious.

Greenrubberduckie said:
this cause me to feel worse every time i watch CF ads on tv, join in, we ahve no room for you.

:crybaby:

What would you like the CF to do ?

The units are full.

Yes I agree and I believe I can do better at it when I'm not in the library studying for exams. lol cdn aviator, me want cookie!!

CFR FCS said:
TCBF, Yes. There are limited BMQ and co op positions avail in southern Ontario.

I can only hope its a money problem, there is plenty of space on the parade square. My reserve troop has a paper strength of about 30 people, with 1/3 or less showing up each parade night. Our Tp WO is a Cpl  ;D

I was suggested by a recruiter CFRC Mississauga that my files might be closed. I'm going to confirm it with CFRC hamiltion since that's where my files are. Could someone tell me how re-application process works and suggest me some ideas of 'What you would do'? Thanks for your answers and further help.

Perhaps the files are postponed until Fiscal Year '08?  Just putting it out there...

CDN Aviator said:
:crybaby:

What would you like the CF to do ?

The units are full.

Full of what?  What is full?  Is the limit on man-days or enrollments?

Back