• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

About the 2.4km run

M

Mist1kaL

Im just wondering, is 400 meters equal to a regular high school gym, and the 2.5km is about 6 laps around it? is that all u have to do plus a step test or just one of the other?

The entrance PT test is a step test that is predictive of your performance on a run.  2.4 km is six laps of a standard track, or 1.5 miles.

a high school gym is 50-60 meters at best.......

now a high school track is usually 400m

my highschool track was 600m   :(   , and the "outside track" (a path worn into the ground by years of running even in the winter) was 1600 meters, my one gym teacher once said " You see until you graduate my class you are not men, your not even boys, your ladies, and this course will start off with 5 laps of the track 2 laps of the "outer track" and the last person to complete it, gets to run it again. GO"

i was came to him with the statement "you make us kill ourselves everytime we run this, and you stand here and watch, why dont you run this with us" his response " i already graduated, and you now owe me another lap, get going or drop my class"

it is because of him, that i am able to run.   :salute:

Jaxson, sounds like my gym teacher! Yesturday we had to do the 2.4km run at school. I can do this no problem but right now I have a bad cold. (Notsure what it is, haven't seen a doctor.) my school track is 400m so 6 laps. By the time I was on my sixth lap I was coughing up blood. I finished in fourth with 11:09 as a time. By the time I finished though I had blood all over the fornt of my shirt. It was the first time I've seen him ask anyone if they need a break!

I thought it was only the step test now, is that wrong?

hey civvy3840, a good rule of thumb, if your coughing up blood, proceed post haste to a doctor, coughing up blood is not a cold it sounds like pneumonia. 

look after yourself.

cheers

FITSUMO, I think that I will set up an appiontment tonight with the doctor. Hopefully it's nothing to bad! ;D

civvy3840 said:
FITSUMO, I think that I will set up an appiontment tonight with the doctor. Hopefully it's nothing to bad! ;D

I think a hospital or after hours clinic would be best, going to see your family doctor is a great idea but sometimes it can take a week to get an apointment, where as the other two are immediate and the hospital will do the x-rays right away to see if there is liquid and such in your chest, Besides how smart is it to wait even 2-3 days knowing you cough up blood when you run  :)

Jaxson said:
my highschool track was 600m   :(   , and the "outside track" (a path worn into the ground by years of running even in the winter) was 1600 meters, my one gym teacher once said " You see until you graduate my class you are not men, your not even boys, your ladies, and this course will start off with 5 laps of the track 2 laps of the "outer track" and the last person to complete it, gets to run it again. GO"

i was came to him with the statement "you make us kill ourselves everytime we run this, and you stand here and watch, why dont you run this with us" his response " i already graduated, and you now owe me another lap, get going or drop my class"

it is because of him, that i am able to run.   :salute:

That is freakin awesome, I love it, if youa re last, you do it again. Now is that not incentive to do better or what? Mind you calling HS students ladies might be a bit extreem as far as how kids parents will react.

i should state one thing, my gym teacher was ex army (dont know what he never said) and he was an ex prison guard, but he let us play contact football so i liked him for that, and i guess thats why he liked PT (running) so damn much.

just on simple BMQ our first run was 3.5km moving up to 8km towards the end. dont use that 2.4 as a guide, i did, nearly killed me.

yes during the PT test you will do the step test, the hang grip, the push ups, and the sit ups there will be no actually running, that is why they told you the do a self evaluation on the running part.

Back