• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

benny88 said:
Night rating? What about guys with multi time getting multi? IFR?

You get your Night with your CPL.  That's automatic (along with VFR OTT).  If your CF IFR Ticket is unrestricted, you get the IFR in the group of aircraft you last had your ticket ride in (ie:  multi if you did it in a multi engine aircraft).

Max

SupersonicMax said:
You get your Night with your CPL.  That's automatic (along with VFR OTT).  If your CF IFR Ticket is unrestricted, you get the IFR in the group of aircraft you last had your ticket ride in (ie:  multi if you did it in a multi engine aircraft).

Max

Gracias.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone who passes this weeks ASC sessions.

The way I see it is that If you really want it that bad, it's worth forking out the money for that extra pilot license!

"Tis a lesson you should heed: try, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson

The race aint ailways to the swift, but to those who never stop running.

Kruggle,

I see that the Mods are also on this thread, so I'll be brief to try to help you before a bit of a shitstorm hits: Use the search function and open your eyes. Why would this thread be here if there was no Aircrew Selection? I understand why you would be confused because you were told differently, but search and you will find outrageous amounts of posts on the aircrew selection process.

Hi, this is my first time on this forum, and I was just wondering what cross-checking is? Thanks so much

z27 said:
Hi, this is my first time on this forum, and I was just wondering what cross-checking is? Thanks so much

Looking at the flight instruments in an effective pattern (attitude indicator, other instrument, attitude indicator, other instrument, repeat).

Perfect_Clark said:
Looking at the flight instruments in an effective pattern (attitude indicator, other instrument, attitude indicator, other instrument, repeat).

:eek: I thought it was hitting with the stick parallel to the surface!?! no wonder I fail ASC...ha.ahha...ahahah!..

awww... that's so sad!! at least now you know and can try again!!!  :)

No more bellyaching on these threads about failing ASC. Take heed of Zorro's quote a few posts above. If you want it, work for it.

I don't know if your joking or not but since I'm bored at 3:43 in the morning, I'll pretend you aren't:

Cross-checking is also a penalty in hockey, which is what he was referring to when he was talking about using a stick thats parallel to the ice to hit somebody.

yes, I understand what cross-checking is in hockey. but what is it when you're flying a simulator?

z27 said:
yes, I understand what cross-checking is in hockey. but what is it when you're flying a simulator?
Cross checking is the method in which you look at the intrument panel. It consist of looking from the attitude inticator to another instrument then to the attitude indicator then another instrument and so on. You repeat this in a motion so that u see and understand all the intrument while always keeping a constant attitude. You have to do this the whole time in which you are flying CAPSS or it will get away from you really quickly.

Back