• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airforce berets in Belgian style?

hoist-monkey

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering do they make Air force berets in the Belgian style?
I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I've seen them online. I dont have the link here at home but i will get it from work tomorow

Do you mean with a silk instead of leather band?

Yes, my wife has one.  Don't know where she got it, somewhere in Borden.

I think you're thinking about an officer's beret which can be purchased online with points at Logitek or the QM. 
Librarian can help you with that part.  I don't think there's cash sales anymore.
Shamrock, very cool avatar.  You found it before I did... :p

BYT, they're talking about the aftermarket berets, not the one from Logistik. I've seen them all over the place, just not online. I can find army berets but not air force.

RMS kit shop have any?
JSR kit shop?

Just trying to help. :D

They're made by Parkhurst aren't they?? Maybe check online for a website?

The Signals museum in Kingston is where I bought mine. It's the same band and material as my black one that I picked up at the RCR Kitshop in London years ago when I was in the militia.

You can even order them online from Kingston.
http://www.c-and-e-museum.org/MercuryShop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=20&cat=Service+Dress#

I got one sitting here... I did try to get a blue uniform on my jump over... but they made me keep my greens... so I got this fancy beret sitting in my basement... still got the liner with no badges on it. Want it? PM moi then... I have no need for it...    ;D

Dumb Old TN2IC,
Out...

BYT Driver said:
I think you're thinking about an officer's beret which can be purchased online with points at Logitek or the QM. 
Librarian can help you with that part.  I don't think there's cash sales anymore.
Shamrock, very cool avatar.  You found it before I did... :p

Ahem...
NOT an Officer's beret. Though some do wear em - They are aftermarket items and
you cannot use Logistek unicorp points to get the parkhurst "belgique" Berets - hard cash only

If you are close to Gagetown, the CANEX there has them.  Added benefit of trying them on and getting the one that fits best, too.

Thanks for all the advice on getting a "belgian" style beret.
A buddy who I will be on my BAC in Winnipeg with is getting me one from Petawawa kit shop.

hey gang.

Forgive me, as i have only ever worn the good ole leather band logistik beret...

What is the difference between a "belgium" style beret and a"pakistan" style beret as per the Joe Drouin  http://joedrouin.com/ere_clothing.htm

kit shop web site ? I am aware of the cloth band.

cheers

PV

Construction, they're similar if not identical...just material quality more than anything, and I'm not sure there is much difference there.  The "Parkhurst Ribbon Sweatband" model you'll see a lot of is made in Canada, IIRC.  They (Parkhurst) also make steering wheel covers...  ;D

G2G

I can't find the steering wheel covers listed under an authorized accoutrement anywhere? weird, i was hoping to buy one and use it as a lanyard.  Oh well, thanks for the info!

cheers

PV

PViddy said:
hey gang.

Forgive me, as i have only ever worn the good ole leather band logistik beret...

What is the difference between a "belgium" style beret and a"pakistan" style beret as per the Joe Drouin  http://joedrouin.com/ere_clothing.htm

kit shop web site ? I am aware of the cloth band.

cheers

PV

Well, IMHO, the Logistik berets have WAY too much material, and it extends down past where I would like it to on the right side of my melon.  I like wearing mine where I can have the "fold" just touch or extend past the sweatband.  The one I was issued last week, well...it pretty much covered my whole ear and there was STILL more material to go. 

Mud Recce Man said:
Well, IMHO, the Logistik berets have WAY too much material, and it extends down past where I would like it to on the right side of my melon.  I like wearing mine where I can have the "fold" just touch or extend past the sweatband.  The one I was issued last week, well...it pretty much covered my whole ear and there was STILL more material to go. 

Same. I find the parkhurst is also easier to reform.

Back