• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any 1NSH(N)'ers out there?

Well there are highlanders out there lol. how are ya's in 1NSH? We're all good over here in 2NSH ready for the new trg year. Out for now though, Cheers!

still a lot more hit than i expected, havent cheakced it at all, anymore of us in here? drop us a line!  :dontpanic:

Guess who?
That's right ya bunch of H***'s it's me...MCP! back like SARS!
None of you sucker MC's can handle my style.
And if any punka** buster wanna throw ,know i's be strapped with my gat...fool.
Cool Cool I gots to bounce and don't forget "RAP IS CRAP" is available online!

ROFL....

one of army.ca's apocolypse prophecies has been fullfilled...

I'm in the process of re-enrolling into 1NSH. Thought about becoming a medic again (since I'm a paramedic in civi life), but changed my mind and went Infantry instead. It's a good unit though?

Good unit, good people, good times. I take it you're joining in Pictou?

Yep....joining in Pictou.....Authie Coy I believe....correct me if I'm wrong. At least that is where I hope to end up.

Yes , it is authie, and it is where you will end up if youre from the area. If youre from the truro area, you will go to Charlie, and Springhill = vimy, etc.

Were you in the unit before? Your profile says 4 years reserve, was that infantry or another trade?

So Truro is still Charlie, eh? Or back to Charlie from the other incarnations (7Pl, 3Pl, Calais, etc)

Hollywood 8)

lol nope.... still just vimy charlie and authie.

The numbers are up from when I got in 2.5 years ago though... maybe 20%. All of them privates.

To Mack674:

I was in the Reserve in the late 80's early 90's (Med A) then went REG....injured in basic @ Cornwallis.....came home.

Joined again in 2001 (Med A)....then left in 2003 when I transferred through my civi employment. Tried to transfer then....but they weren't exactly sure what to with me, being a Med A transferring to an infantry unit. So I waited until now to try again as an infanteer. I must be out of my mind (I'm 35 years old!!!). I have really been missing it. Less travel and such with the local unit; instead of the Fd AMb in Halifax..........

No way pal... I did my QL3/BIQ with a guy that was 49. Didnt slow him down very much.
And if you want my opinion, we could use a guy like you in our company specifically. Most of the experienced guys are getting out, gone, on callout... by february we wont have any master corporals, like 4 corporals including myself, and an army of privates who just finished course 4 months ago who are from 16-19 years old.

Maybe you can contribute to some badly needed first aid training  ;D. We havn't had any in quite some time... not since I first got in 2.5 years ago...

Anyway, anybody coming in thats over the minimum age, isnt going anywhere right away, and has previous military experience sounds good to me  ;D

Heres hoping you get a quick and painless acceptance.

Thanks for the vote of confidence....hopefully I can live up to your expectations ;D.

lol youll fit in fine.

any word on when you might actually get sworn in? how far along in your application are you ?

Anytime between a week and a lifetime. They're trying to rush things along, but things are in the hands of the paper-pushers right now. With Xmas coming up, I can't see anything happening until mid-January at the very least.

Mack674 said:
lol nope.... still just vimy charlie and authie.

The numbers are up from when I got in 2.5 years ago though... maybe 20%. All of them privates.

I've heard about the numbers, that's great, it must sure beat the nights we paraded with 15 guys!!

lol yeah, its not too bad.... charlie has the most for now with almost 2 platoons worth!  :o

WOW! That's great, sure wish the unit would get off its arse and get a website going, though, I like to stay updated on the happenings but can only do it with some of my old buddies through e-mail, glad to see more guys coming around here.

I was thinking about putting that proposal forward to get a webpage put together,.... would help alot with recruiting, and alot of guys have pictures and things we could upload.

If only i remembered half of the things about html that I forgot, I could do it. Oh well, ill send up a memo after christmas.

Back