• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Entry Plan?

Moore

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a lurker here for awhile and finally decided to apply. I've decided to make an account to ask what Entry plan I should take? I didnt expect this option at all. My 3 choices are combat engineer, Infantryman and Mat tech. I plan on just passing all tests and going to St Jean for BMQ so I'm asking if I should choose CF aboriginal Entry plan (no), CF Mil Equivalencies Program, NCM Subsidized Education Program, Recruit School By-pass (nope), semi skilled, skilled or unskilled?

And yes I did search and couldn't find anything similar to help me. Thanks in advance

Moore said:
Hey guys, I've been a lurker here for awhile and finally decided to apply. I've decided to make an account to ask what Entry plan I should take? I didnt expect this option at all. My 3 choices are combat engineer, Infantryman and Mat tech. I plan on just passing all tests and going to St Jean for BMQ so I'm asking if I should choose CF aboriginal Entry plan (no), CF Mil Equivalencies Program, NCM Subsidized Education Program, Recruit School By-pass (nope), semi skilled, skilled or unskilled?

And yes I did search and couldn't find anything similar to help me. Thanks in advance

You have provided next to no information about yourself, so no one here on this unofficial site can give you a clear and definite answer.

One thing though, you can not choose the CAF Aboriginal Entry Plan if you are not an aboriginal.

Your best advice is to go to a CAF Recruiting Center and sit down and talk to a recruiter so they will know who you are and what your education and skills are, after which they can help you in making those choices.

Well there has to be a pretty standard one that the majority chooses? I've graduated highschool if that helps.

A Mod has moved your topic here.

Be prepared to answer:

CF aboriginal Entry plan (no), -- Are you aboriginal?

CF Mil Equivalencies Program, -- Do you have any courses that can be considered "Equivalencies"?

NCM Subsidized Education Program, -- Which program have you researched and would like to apply for?

Recruit School By-pass (nope), -- Do you have previous military service and completed a Trade Crse within the last five years?

semi skilled, skilled or unskilled?  -- Do you have previous military service as a trained service member or hold accepted equivalencies?

Again.  All of those questions YOU have to ask a Recruiter, and have answers for.

No I'm not aboriginal nor have any previous military experience or courses equivalent for what  my three choices are. The only option that seems to make sense to pick would be the NCM subsidized education program since they train you for everything after bmq anyways right? Like I don't know what everyone else picked but these are the only options listed for me. I just want to finish the application, pass all tests, pass bmq and other training and be a combat engineer or one of my other choices. So what entry plan should I be choosing?

You should be applying as unskilled Non commissioned member (NCM). Direct entry is not correct term, (although used on the website).

Your choices require:

1. Combat engineer - General grade 10 math, recommended you have acedemic math and a physics course at any level.
2. Infantry soldier - General grade 10 math.
3. Material Technician - Grade 10 applied math or math 426 in Quebec.

Master Seaman Robert said:
You should be applying as unskilled Non commissioned member (NCM). Direct entry is not correct term, (although used on the website).

Your choices require:

1. Combat engineer - General grade 10 math, recommended you have acedemic math and a physics course at any level.
2. Infantry soldier - General grade 10 math.
3. Material Technician - Grade 10 applied math or math 426 in Quebec.

Thank you for your response! I had no idea what people were talking about since there was no Direct Entry option. I never took a physics course in Highschool nor did I take academic math. If I'm unable to get into the CF as a Combat Engineer I'd be perfectly fine with my other two options. Thanks again for your reply as I can now move forward on my application.

Back