• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

application submission vs pending degree acquisition for DEO

crossbear

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently a part-time university student and have been chipping away at the requirements of my degree for a while now. Suffice it to say, my B.A. will be complete in this coming April. However, my degree will not be technically conferred until convocation this June. My question is this: I would like to submit my application to the CF under the DEO entry point as an Artillery Officer as soon as possible, however will there be an issue when it comes to my file being processed as an officer even though my degree will not be conferred until a few months time? Will my application be placed on hold? I want to be able to put some credence on the timing of all the steps from application submission until such time I am scheduled for the CFAT which states proof of education must be produced at that time. My university has confirmed they will be able to provide a document called an "Eligibility to Graduate" letter. Can a recruiter confirm if this document can stand in temporarily to keep my application afloat?

crossbear

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).

DEO applicants are able to submit an application once they are in their final year of university.

At your first appointment, you will be asked to bring in school transcripts which will indicate your expected graduation dates.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your response, Master Seaman Robert.

Another inquiry if I may. When I log in with my GCKey and check under Application>>View Confirmation Letter, there was originally a summary there indicating my application had been officially received. This section is now empty. Can you comment what is happening here?

Also, under Application>>Print Application Form, I was able to output a PDF form of my application with most of the data I had originally submitted. Now, when I attempt to view the form again, it's outputting with empty fields. Do you know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Crossbear

As this is now not a recruiting inquiry and a technical problem, I am unable to to answer this question.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 Follow this link and you will get technical help with your application.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Thanks again, Master Seaman Robert.

I submitted my online application on February 19 and I have yet to receive a "first contact" correspondence besides the automated server response. I called my local CFRC and they mentioned that my application is still being reviewed by Toronto HQ.

I applied under the DEO program, but am wondering if the delay is being caused by the fact that my degree does not get conferred until June of this year.

Are you able to offer any insight on this?

Welcome to the “Ask a CAF Recruiter” section. The members tagged as “CAF Recruiter” are official Canadian Armed Forces recruiters. They will identify themselves with their rank, first name and the Forces.ca avatar. In order to best answer questions, there are some rules that need to be adhered to.

This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

We will not answer questions about technical difficulties with the application process, or the website. We will not answer questions about difficulties contacting your recruiting centre or general inquires with regards to your current application or file. These questions can be asked here: http://forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Back