• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured Recce courses

Docherty

Inactive
Reaction score
  Hey I was just wanting to ask anyone if they could let me know what courses I take as a Armoured Recce Res. NCM because I would like to know before I have to go to my CFRC and the duration and what I am to expect in it. 
            Thanks!

Basically, BMQ, SQ, DP1 MOC Armd (Old QL3 Armd), PCF Recce Crewman (AKA, DP2 Recce).  You can also take a driver wheel and some times a TCCCS/Iris Comms course, depending on the avail within your respective bde.  From there you generally take some time in troops to develop your skills, preparing you for PLQ and other leadership crses/roles. :warstory:

My ARMD RECCE course was 5 weeks long.  I did it in Meaford.  You do basic driving, you do offroading, cross country driving, blackout driving, learn to cam your vehicle in a hide/harbour, you do a vehicle recognition course, you will do a comms course.  It's pretty fun...especially the off roading part. (We did ours in the Iltis.)

DP1, the course Lost-Warrior is speaking of is more leaning towards familiarization with The LUVW (Iltis), Comms (ie. voice procedures), and very basic recce Skills such as camming you're vehicle, procedures for hides and harbours,etc. Even AFV Recognition. DP2 is alot more Recce concentrated, mostly the bread and butter of Armoured Reconaissance. Alot of skils learned in the trade mind you, are picked up predominantly from Exercises, rather than the courses themselves (at least thats what i've found). SG04 taught me more in 1 week than my entire DP1 course (which i had just come off) in Meaford.

I agree.  Our DP1 was such bare basic stuff.

When I got back to my unit, we would have classes every Tuesday night, and usually 2 exercises a month for a couple of months.  This was essentially my "DP2" (but I still got my hook  ;D )....we learned a lot of actual recce stuff.  Everything I learned on DP1 was just the build up for the actual recce training we go through at our unit, and field exercises allow you to gain hands on training, and allow you to put them into practice.

Have you started your DP2 yet?

Unfortunately the crse timelines limit us in what we taught you.  We only covered the bare minimals that would allow you function as a driver in a mud recce ptl.  What crse where you guys on, the QyRang one or the 31 CBG one?

I was in 19 Platoon, E COY,  course 0402 in Meaford this summer. (DP1)

Really not sure, Im betting on a few months. May be done around late march early April. Which is good, I need a little Army to level off the tedius school days. The Army is the only thing that keeps me sane  ;D

lol..I know how you feel.    Is your course going to be full time or just weekends?

Docherty said:
I have my Interview on Saturday, is there any advice out there?

Be open and honest.  It's a job interview, dress appropriately and shave.

I passed everything today! ;D So I just have to wait to be sworn in!

Back