• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ dates in Meaford this summer?

Z

zx7rgirl

G‘ day folks,

I did a search but did not find an answer, and nor do the recruiting officers I spoke to, know - the exact dates for the Meaford (Res.) BMQ this summer?

Any help would be much appreciated as I have to plan my time off with my employer, asap...

Talk to the unit you are planning to join. Since they are the ones sending you on your BMQ, they should know.

Thanks Bloggins, but the two units I talked to (RRC & QOR) don‘t have the dates yet from the (central office?), so I was hoping someone who has completed the app. process might have gotten the inside scoop with their acceptance offer...

The thing is that there may be several serials run, and they might all have different dates, so nobody will be able to tell you for sure when you would go until you are course loaded and told that you are actually going. Another thing is that if the units don‘t have the dates yet, then chances are that nobody does, which isn‘t unusual given that the summer training period is still months away. Yet another thing is that if you‘re still talking to a couple of different units, then I assume that you haven‘t been sworn into one of them yet. The application process can be lengthy, and hiccups can occur, so if you haven‘t yet been sworn in, unfortunately, the potential exists that you might not go on BMQ this summer. I don‘t think that it‘s likely that you will end up missing out, but what I‘m getting at is that when you add all these things together, there‘s no way that anyone can tell you as of right now when you‘ll be going to BMQ.

Okay, sounds fair enough. Thanks for your time, Bloggins, didn‘t mean to be so greeen!

Best Regards!

howdy, just got the word from out Warrent Officer about summer courses! his words were somethign like this: " summer BMQ in Disney Land(meaford) start on dee juse 26th to the july 21st i believe"

hey there, i think that my regiment is sending us to Petawawa instead of meaford now, is anyone else's regiment sending their recruits to Petawawa for BMQ this summer and then to Meaford for SQ?

im going to Petawawa, but not for BMQ. Im going to Petawawa for my Basic Artillery training (july 28th- August 20th), and some other exercise (August 20th - August 27th).

Hey,

I'm in the guards and our recruits are going to petawawa for both bmq and sq or so I was told, BMQ starts on June 25Th and everything is supposed to be finish on august 28Th

good luck

Kid_Recruit are you shure that the GGFG are doing SQ in Petawawa and not getting bussed down to Meaford? oh has anyone heared of the Good God Forgot the Gustav incident?

Jerry, I talked to my Bor and they said my BMQ and SQ are both scheduled in petawawa, they might have messed up but until i get different orders that's where I'll be  :salute:

bmx_rider said:
im going to Petawawa, but not for BMQ. Im going to Petawawa for my Basic Artillery training (july 28th- August 20th), and some other exercise (August 20th - August 27th).

Where are you from? My unit is literally 15 minutes from petawawa and I'm being sent to Sault St. Marie (10 hours away) for my BMQ and arty training! Man what I would give to do it in Petewawa....

Back