• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ in Borden Ontario

SoF said:
For those who've been to Borden for BMQ what kind of things are there to do   in your spare time; if you get any lol, like is there a weight room.

You can run laps around the parade square. We didnt get leave until weekend 5 and during the week we had class from 6Am to 9pm then you had to get ready for the next day, NO FREE TIME

I know there are alot of threads about food but in Borden can you eat in your spare time or is it only 3 meals per day type of thing, and I'm assuming the food is free.

there is a canteen open at night while you are doing you cleaning stations. Outside of that its 3 squares. The canteen isnt free. But its cheap.The mess hall is free and you can take as much as you need. However you are not to take food from the mess into your racks. I was hungry all the way through BMQ. I used to eating every 2 hours LOL. You'll get through it. :)

BeadWindow said:
there is a canteen open at night while you are doing you cleaning stations. Outside of that its 3 squares. The canteen isnt free. But its cheap.The mess hall is free and you can take as much as you need. However you are not to take food from the mess into your racks. I was hungry all the way through BMQ. I used to eating every 2 hours LOL. You'll get through it. :)

Do you think its possible to live a vegetarian life on BMQ? you know for those who don't eat meat.

If you're doing BMQ you should pile on some beef on your plate. You're going to be weak if stick to a vegi diet. We can't have a bunch of fish eaters defending our country lol.

MysticLies said:
Do you think its possible to live a vegetarian life on BMQ? you know for those who don't eat meat.

Yes. It is. You just have to fill out a form before you go to the range and the field so they bring vegi rats

I read some threads about military kits; are those only for army or do people in the navy also get military kits.

SoF said:
I'm almost finished the recruiting proccess and if all goes well I'll be going to Borden this Summer, Yay! lol. I'v heard some not so good things about borden, including a HIV scare. If anyone can share their experience at Borden please do so. Thank you.

I've been to borden its alright but I notice they moved Mickeys off the base too bad. I like there burgers.

cpl gomerpyle

SoF said:
I read some threads about military kits; are those only for army or do people in the navy also get military kits.

Im sorry SoF Im not following- which "kits" do you mean? You wear army kit for the first 7 weeks....then you get to wear navy combats....We had the Olive Drabs and webbing as well as the Army rucks. Week 7 you turn that in and don the Navy combats and parade boots.

Ok thats just what I wanted to know. Oh and I also heard the Navy uses Mp5's, do we get to fire those at BMQ???

You guys are gona love Borden, nice and hot in the afternoon, with a crap-load of mosquitoes in the evening. ;D

BTW, I spend my weekends on the Circled Pines Golf Course, so I'll make sure to wave when you guys march past in your full ruck-sack gear.  :D

jutes said:
with a crap-load of mosquitoes in the evening. ;D

lol I hate mosquitoes we have them here too, and man can they get annoying. I just hope they let us use mosquito repellents ;D

For the record, Borden will be running a reg force BMQ through its Naval Reserve Training section on base.  Every summer Nav Res trains umpteen number of naval reserve recruits from across Canada and are fully cabable of good quality training.  Nav Res became the priority posting placement for the posting season to fill positions in the Borden area.  St. Jean is the normal place for training regular force recruits and Esquimalt, Halifax and now Borden are the overflow bases.  You will still do the same things as the other pers at the other bases.  You will use C-7.

I just came back from BMQ, and wow what an experince I must say. I was just wondering did anyone here do their BMQ in borden this summer, and yes what Platoon were you from. :)

I'm doing BMQ in Borden, and I got selected Reg Force, Arty Air Defence. Guess I'm in the overflow then.

Im going to BMQ in Borden Oct 3rd for Reg force Infantry. I'm so pumped for it.

awesome, same time as me. I'm pumped as well. We may just be in the same platoon.

I understand that we will be staying at Borden in the NRTD. Just wondering if their platoon sizes were any smaller/bigger than st. jean. Wondering how many will be on my floor at Borden, that's all.

well that depends....we had platoons that had numbers ranging from 40-60. my platoon was the smallest platoon, seeing as how we started out with 42 and ended with 27. but we were an all male platoon so it were we an exception.

When people leave the platoon, do they fill the empty spots to try to make a room filled with 3 recruits? or are there just holes everywhere?

Back