• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ on Aug. 7 in St. Jean?

YAY! Three years of the roller-coaster, if I don't puke I go for another ride!

I have five years coming up on that roller coaster. I guess I can take everything "normal", and throw it out the window.

I can't wait!  :)

Haha, I have 5 years too.  Right now my biggest worry is whether to chop off all my hair or not.  I'm pretty excited, not terribly nervous.

well I'm glad I never fit in with 'normal' from the get-go. I can't wait. I love sweat, heat, shovelling, digging, climbing, mud, rain, loud noises, dangerous environments, not having to shower for a week and be covered in mud and dirt from head to toe, staying awake for 4 days straight, baking in the sun, stuck in the middle of nowhere doing the things that everybody else looks at and goes..."holy s**t!...you're crazy!" All I can say to 3 or 5 years is "that's it?" I've been waiting and training my whole life for this. Sure I repel people sometimes because I am too 'hardcore', but hey, I can't see anywhere else on earth than the infantry for me to be. I hope there are a lot of guys out there just like me...because when the s**t hits the fan I'll be right beside you. :salute:

Sparkplugs said:
Haha, I have 5 years too.  Right now my biggest worry is whether to chop off all my hair or not.  I'm pretty excited, not terribly nervous.

Chop it off....that's what I am doing. one less thing to have to worry about in the morning....lol
Well, not going all GI Jane, but making sure it is nicely tapered in the back but long enough up top to still be a girl.

August 21st for me...YIPPEE!!

Springroll said:
Chop it off....that's what I am doing. one less thing to have to worry about in the morning....lol
Well, not going all GI Jane, but making sure it is nicely tapered in the back but long enough up top to still be a girl.

August 21st for me...YIPPEE!!

I'm chopping it all off tomorrow, and then I can grow it out again after basic.

Congrats on getting your date, you must be so excited!  What are you going in for?

I gave my letter of resignation to my boss at work today.  He was so happy for me, told me he wished he had the guts to do it too.  It's nice to end on a good note there, I've loved this job.

ive still got about 3-4 weeks before i hand in my  resignation.

Oh man, I have ants in the pants.

100 hours of work left.

18 days until I am no longer a civilian.

1 month, 1 week, and 2 days until basic training.

And I went for a wicked good run this morning, so life is good.

Sparkplugs said:
I'm chopping it all off tomorrow, and then I can grow it out again after basic.

Congrats on getting your date, you must be so excited!  What are you going in for?

I gave my letter of resignation to my boss at work today.  He was so happy for me, told me he wished he had the guts to do it too.  It's nice to end on a good note there, I've loved this job.

Exactly what I am doing. I had it short for MANY years, and it only took 2yrs or so to grow it to the middle of my back.
I have been slowly making it shorter so that I don't freak out my kids...lol

I am absolutely excited! I found out that I was only on the merit list for 3 weeks, so that was a comforting thought.
I'm going SonarOp.
Glad you were able to leave your job on good terms...some people aren't always so lucky. Maybe your boss can be your penpal and you can send him "BMQ is hell" letters and he can save them for when you head back there on leave?
That would be some interesting reading material afterwards...almost like a diary...lmfao!

Springroll said:
Exactly what I am doing. I had it short for MANY years, and it only took 2yrs or so to grow it to the middle of my back.
I have been slowly making it shorter so that I don't freak out my kids...lol

I am absolutely excited! I found out that I was only on the merit list for 3 weeks, so that was a comforting thought.
I'm going SonarOp.
Glad you were able to leave your job on good terms...some people aren't always so lucky. Maybe your boss can be your penpal and you can send him "BMQ is hell" letters and he can save them for when you head back there on leave?
That would be some interesting reading material afterwards...almost like a diary...lmfao!

My boss is pretty cool.  He's only 25 or so, so he missed out on all his adventuring before he settled down in a smalltown mill.  Haha, I will drop him a postcard or two for sure!

SonarOp, is that navy?

Springroll said:
Yes it is!

Sweeeet.  I like the Navy's dress uniforms.  Haha, I will feel like an air cadet in the Air Force ones. 

I wish I could make the days go by faster, lol, but I am glad for the time to work on my running.

Sparkplugs said:
Sweeeet.  I like the Navy's dress uniforms.  Haha, I will feel like an air cadet in the Air Force ones. 

I wish I could make the days go by faster, lol, but I am glad for the time to work on my running.

I like the navy dress uniforms, too. One of my daughter's friend's father is a warrant officer in the air force. He came by on Wednesday to congratulate me and asked why I went navy. Well I told him that I didn't look good in blue...he got quite a kick out of that.

Originally I wanted army, but realised that it may not be the best fit for my family, since my husband is navy and the chances of being posted to the same base are very slim. So I changed my choice to navy.

Springroll said:
I like the navy dress uniforms, too. One of my daughter's friend's father is a warrant officer in the air force. He came by on Wednesday to congratulate me and asked why I went navy. Well I told him that I didn't look good in blue...he got quite a kick out of that.

Originally I wanted army, but realised that it may not be the best fit for my family, since my husband is navy and the chances of being posted to the same base are very slim. So I changed my choice to navy.

Good plan.  I chose air force because, well, I like planes and helicopters, I like to travel, and I always wanted to be a mechanic.  I was living with a civilian aircraft mechanic for a few years, and he introduced me to the awesomeness that are helicopters.  We're no longer together, but we're best friends, and he's totally jealous that I'm doing it 'the military way' and he did it the civie way. 

I'm hoping to end up in Comox at some point.  I've never seen an ocean or mountains, how lame is that?

Sparkplugs said:
Good plan.  I chose air force because, well, I like planes and helicopters, I like to travel, and I always wanted to be a mechanic.  I was living with a civilian aircraft mechanic for a few years, and he introduced me to the awesomeness that are helicopters.  We're no longer together, but we're best friends, and he's totally jealous that I'm doing it 'the military way' and he did it the civie way. 

I'm hoping to end up in Comox at some point.  I've never seen an ocean or mountains, how lame is that?

I'm from Victoria(just south of Comox).
I have been lucky to have lived on both coasts now, but I miss the mountains dearly!!
Can't wait to fly over them when I am headed to Victoria for my 3's.

Sparkplugs said:

I wish my job ended as 'peaceful'.

Only, what? Five/Six weeks until St. Jean? Yay!

I am giving my notice on Monday!! I am starting to get excited too!!! 8)  Ya only a few weeks left until we start!! 

Do the rest of you get there on the 5th?? And what do you dofor the 2 days before starting??

I'm not sure. I believe we arrive on the 5th and then get settled in over the weekend to start on the Monday.

The calm before the storm  ;D

The weekend is when they'll probobly shuffle us around the block to get our rooms and bunk mates all sorted out. Thats what I figure.

SigOpDraco said:
I'm not sure. I believe we arrive on the 5th and then get settled in over the weekend
that's when the floggings start. Toughens you up!

;D

Back