• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ on Aug. 7 in St. Jean?

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is shaving off my beard. I'm going to miss it.  :'(

Joe Simpson said:
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is shaving off my beard. I'm going to miss it.   :'(

It'll grow back...it's only hair.

When do I grow it back, though? When I leave the Army? I never want to leave!

Maybe I'll just grow a sweet moustache. A nice one that I can challenge Tom Selleck with.

Joe Simpson said:
When do I grow it back, though? When I leave the Army? I never want to leave!

Maybe I'll just grow a sweet moustache. A nice one that I can challenge Tom Selleck with.

You get to grow your hair to the Regulation lengths after you get to your Unit.

You also have regulations regulating the length of your 'soup strainer'.  It can not be below your lips.  No Foo Man Chous..........

paracowboy said:
that's when the floggings start. Toughens you up!  ;D

I remember the flogging....Oooohhh such times we had  :'(

the bonding, the manly camaraderie...

Good clean Canadian fun is what it was!

As of right now, we have 1 month and 6 days until basic training starts.

I get there on the 6th. 

I cut off my hair yesterday, and I love it!  It takes me about 10 seconds to wash now!

100 work hours to go for me.

I cant start counting hours, working in the bar, you never know how late you will be there. But I know for sure that I only have 3 weks left!  ;D (Giving my notice tomorow)

Hope everyone had a good Canada Day yesterday.  All of our celebrations were cancelled due to the incessant rain!

I am heading off for night shift tonight, booooo...  But I only have 10 shifts left, so yayyy! 

I can't wait to swear in in 2 weeks!

One month from now, I'll be flying to Montreal.  It is totally happening so fast.  I thought this last bit of time would really drag, but it's flying!  I only have a week and a half of work left!

Ya thats awsome! When your done with your job, then tiem will fly by!! 8)

Only like 1 month left until the 7th!!!

I have a question for you guys.  I know in the paperwork I got it said I am supposed to complete my biography before I get there and bring it with me, but I've read on other threads that we do it at bmq.  Should I just do it anyway, and then do it over again there if I have to? 

9 days until I'm no longer a civilian.  Sweet!

My biography is done and printed out now.
I know we will end up having to redo it so I made it short and sweet and to the point.

Only thing I am having issues with is the security clearance form.
Trying to remember 10 years worth of jobs and addresses is hard.

Everything else is ready to go.

Springroll said:
My biography is done and printed out now.
I know we will end up having to redo it so I made it short and sweet and to the point.

Only thing I am having issues with is the security clearance form.
Trying to remember 10 years worth of jobs and addresses is hard.

Everything else is ready to go.

Oh man I know.  I spent two nights trying to remember all that stuff. 

I'll end up doing my bio anyway, because if I don't, I know I'll be asked for it, lol.  If I do, I know I'll be doing it again anyway.  =D

I think that if you do it now, even if you have to redo it, at least you will remember most of what you have written on the last one. This way all the remembering will already be done.

I am planning on doing mine this week. Short and sweet is a good idea!

(18 days till I am no longer a civilian...)

Jhonnyp19 said:
I think that if you do it now, even if you have to redo it, at least you will remember most of what you have written on the last one. This way all the remembering will already be done.

I am planning on doing mine this week. Short and sweet is a good idea!

(18 days till I am no longer a civilian...)

I was thinking the same thing!  Can't go wrong if you write one up ahead of time.  Except I have to locate some 8.5x14" paper, hehe. 

Now all I have left to do is locate a towel, hand towel and facecloth set all in the same dark colour.  Everything else is ready to go!

8 days until I swear in!  Eeee!

When did you guys (girls) learn this? I was told I will find all this out during the enrollment on July 19.

misfit said:
When did you guys (girls) learn this? I was told I will find all this out during the enrollment on July 19.

It is in the joining instructions.

Yes, I know its in the joining instructions. My question was WHEN did you get em.

misfit said:
Yes, I know its in the joining instructions. My question was WHEN did you get em.

Whenever they send them or give them to you.
You can go to this link and get them yourself.
That is how I found that the ones the CFRC sent me were out dated.

Springroll said:
Whenever they send them or give them to you.
You can go to this link and get them yourself.
That is how I found that the ones the CFRC sent me were out dated.

What did you find was outdated? 

I got my joining instuctions about 3 weeks ago, with my will and security forms and stuff in there.

Back