• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ on Aug. 7 in St. Jean?

misfit

Inactive
Reaction score
I got an offer for Combat Engineer. I'm swearing in July 19 and starting Basic on Aug. 7. I'm pumped!

Who else will be there?

:cdn:

The Capt. at the recruiting centre wasn't sure if that was my BMQ date or not. He said he would call back in a few days. It most likely is, seeing as others have this same BMQ date in St. Jean.

Right on. What kind of things are you doing to get ready? What kind of workout are you doing?

I'm wondering when I should quite my job...I sort of just sit here on army.ca all day  :-[

This is going to be crazy, I can't wait!  :cdn:

I am going to be there on Aug. 7th for Reg. force infantry.

Who else is going and where are you guys from?  :warstory:

I live in Mississauga, ON. I used to live in Moncton, NB though. What part of NB you from?

Hope you people have been running.....if not, my advise to you is RUN  !!!! My son started basic in April and didn't pass the running 4.5 out of 6. He is now in  pat platoon doing remedial training and is doing wonderful....6 out of 6 in the running now. He is doing remedial for 5 weeks. He hopes he will be in basic again in July or August. He just loves it .

I'm from Geraldton, ON.  Closest city is Thunder Bay. 

I am working at the mill until I swear in, then I'm taking those two weeks in between swearing-in and basic to say my goodbyes and visit people.

I am working my butt off to start running better, and I'm keeping up my pushups and situps. 

From the sounds of things my basic will be in Aug. I am goin Reg Force Infantry. I am from North Battleford, Saskatchewan.

govenor_mac, What kind of training was your son doing before Basic started? What does 4.5 out of 6 mean? That he cound not run a certain distance in a given time?

Glad to hear he is doing better.

I wish I could chat about the August 7th BMQ, but I'm actually starting BMQ on August 14th. Either way, I just got back from running this afternoon in the heat. I've been trying to run at least 5 times a week for the past 3 months, along with pushups, sit ups , and chin ups. I'm just having a good time and being with friends until I leave. I just bought a sweet digital camera too to show my pals back home what's happening. I'm from Sudbury Ontario. Good luck everyone...

Hi Misfit. No he couldn't do the distance in a required amount of time. He came up short. That happened the fourth day into Basic. Sixteen of them didn't pass.

Man today is 6/6/06 aka the devils day. Guess who got the call this morning!  ;D

I wont be attending BMQ on the 7th of Aug. For me my course starts on the 21st so no meeting up with the Army.ca'ers.

Rory said:
Man today is 6/6/06 aka the devils day. Guess who got the call this morning!  ;D

I wont be attending BMQ on the 7th of Aug. For me my course starts on the 21st so no meeting up with the Army.ca'ers.

Think again good sir! I was just put on that course too.

What a day to join the army...D-DAY!

Congrats to everybody who got the call.

Guess we might see each other then Fondle, congrats yourself and everyone whos gonna be heading to St. Jean. Fun times ahead for sure!

I grew up in Dieppe in NB...

Ya my little brother is doing his res. BMQ right now and he says its not too bad, but I expect reg force BMQ to be worse!! So I have been running like crazy + push-ups and the regular calisthenics routine. I cant wait till the 7th!!! 8)

I've been counting down the days!

Now I only have 20 shifts left, 200 hours until I swear in!

I'm so excited.  ;D

Rory said:
Guess we might see each other then Fondle, congrats yourself and everyone whos gonna be heading to St. Jean. Fun times ahead for sure!
  Hahaahhahahhah......yeah..........fun times....lol. 

Rory said:

I'll be there as well.  Everyone will know me because I'll be the only 6'9" guy. :)

Back