• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ personal kit search

• Thread starter Thread starter MasterRaistlin
  • Start date Start date
MedTech said:
:o My QM's a Navy guy :D full stop  ;)

Yeah ... so? Just ask him what colour he gets when he mixes green and blue and black (if his answer isn't purple  --- he's posing as a Sup tech!!). I double dawg dare you (you know I would ask).  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Yeah ... so? Just ask him what colour he gets when he mixes green and blue and black (if his answer isn't purple  --- he's posing as a Sup tech!!). I double dawg dare you (you know I would ask).  ;D

Muahahahaha! I know YOU would doesn't mean I should!

Ah, my ill fitting WWBs were from my Army days :( I likes them... but they were always a little big... arrrg.

Back onto the topic of kit, my brother in law took his laptop, call, MP3 player and PSP...he doesn't get it on weekdays but some evenings and on weekends he gets them.

Some other courses get to keep their stuff 24/7, just depends on the instructors from what I hear.

Common sense > All

I stumbled upon this thread and figure my question would fit here, and didn't really warrant its own thread.  So, basically, here it goes:

I chew tobacco.  I realize this isn't an unusual thing for people in the military to do, so this is probably a stupid question:

Would chewing tobacco (or dipping/smokeless tobacco, think Skoal or Cope) be considered "contraband"?  Would I be able to bring a can or a sleeve with me?  Or would I just purchase it at some point when I get there, on my own time?  Would I be able to keep some in my personal kit, stowed away out of sight?  And when would I be able to use it?

In all honesty, the chew isn't really a big deal to me.  I can go weeks/months at a time without using it, but if it's available to me and it doesn't interfere, I'd really like to have some now and then.

So, any other dippers in the CF?

LoKe said:
I stumbled upon this thread and figure my question would fit here, and didn't really warrant its own thread.  So, basically, here it goes:

I chew tobacco.  I realize this isn't an unusual thing for people in the military to do, so this is probably a stupid question:

Would chewing tobacco (or dipping/smokeless tobacco, think Skoal or Cope) be considered "contraband"?  Would I be able to bring a can or a sleeve with me?  Or would I just purchase it at some point when I get there, on my own time?  Would I be able to keep some in my personal kit, stowed away out of sight?  And when would I be able to use it?

In all honesty, the chew isn't really a big deal to me.  I can go weeks/months at a time without using it, but if it's available to me and it doesn't interfere, I'd really like to have some now and then.

So, any other dippers in the CF?

They sell dip at every CANEX I've ever been to. I dabbled in it once, it was alright the first few times but then it lost its magic for me, plus it made it hard to drink beer.

Anyways, from my experience, they had no trouble with us chewing it on break during both IAP and BOTP at the MEGA, and I saw recruits on BMQ chewing and spitting on their breaks too. As for sucking away during a lecture, I wouldn't try it, but I know someone in my sister platoon who had dip in his lip pretty much every class they had.

Thanks for the words!  Knowing it'll be available to me is great news, even if I only get to use it once in a while.  Plus, I can get it anywhere on my weekend leave (when it's available).

As long as those are the only "bombs" they find in your kit, you'll likely be okay.  I'm pretty sure cigarettes are allowed (ha... since it seems like a ton of the people I've met in the CF smoke)!

Back