• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

Sounds like the idea is not to far off of public opinion, the devil will be in the details of course.

80,000 member military looking after a brand new batch of 30,000 'conscripts' every year ...

Interesting...

Is National Service in the UK a good idea?​

The prime minister said on Saturday he would introduce a choice of a full-time military placement for 12 months or a scheme to volunteer for one weekend a month for a year.

80,000 member military looking after a brand new batch of 30,000 'conscripts' every year ...

Interesting...

Is National Service in the UK a good idea?​

The prime minister said on Saturday he would introduce a choice of a full-time military placement for 12 months or a scheme to volunteer for one weekend a month for a year.

Possibly 15,000 if they do a 50/50 split of people going military/other

I’ve always maintained that a military doesn’t need lateral transfers if they’re having good internal retention/rerecruiting.
And that's a problem across the board in NATO, ABCANZ, et al.

Canada is not alone in the rust out of our forces; both in eqpt, and in this case, wages/pers svcs. When you need to revitalize both at the same time, it costs a pretty penny. One most liberal democracies aren't willing to fork over just yet.

And that's a problem across the board in NATO, ABCANZ, et al.

Canada is not alone in the rust out of our forces; both in eqpt, and in this case, wages/pers svcs. When you need to revitalize both at the same time, it costs a pretty penny. One most liberal democracies aren't willing to fork over just yet.
But "Peace Dividend"

Remember that? What a load....

But "Peace Dividend"

Remember that? What a load....
I was 2 and a half when the Soviet Union collapsed... but yes. I read extensively about the "Peace Dividend" when I was studying history in school.

Amazing how quickly that all went to shit in the vacuum, and how poorly prepared the West is to face another Force on Force, Cold or Hot.

Back