• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British REME Warrant Officer Class 1 hoping to enlist - any advice?

brandon_ said:
Glad to hear things are going for you, keep us informed on your journey!
Cheers, and good luck mate.

Got an email from the CFRC yesterday saying my file's back from Ottawa and I passed the medical (my hearing can't be that dodgy then).  ;)

British Army said:
Got an email from the CFRC yesterday saying my file's back from Ottawa and I passed the medical (my hearing can't be that dodgy then).  ;)

You must have coasted in on the wave of euphoria created by the latest royal engagement announcement. Did you mention your close relationship with the happy couple in your resume?  ;)

daftandbarmy said:
You must have coasted in on the wave of euphoria created by the latest royal engagement announcement. Did you mention your close relationship with the happy couple in your resume?  ;)

I'm keeping that one on the back-burner, to be deployed in the event of an emergency  ;)

brandon_ said:
Glad to hear things are going for you, keep us informed on your journey!
Cheers, and good luck mate.

Landed in Toronto on 3rd Jan and activated my Permanent Residency (PR)  :cdn: - part of a 10-day trip to look at schools, property, get SINs, bank account etc. Received an email from CFRC Toronto today saying that:

Quote: Your security check came back on the 17 December 2010, as "No Security Objections."

Hopefully that's the last hurdle complete prior to arranging an enrolment date.  ;)

Enrolled at CFRC Toronto on 6 July 2011.

Thanks to you all for your advice and guidance along the way :)

Congrats on sticking out the process  :salute:

As an aside, if you wish, what did they offer you and where did you get posted?

British Army said:

It was great meeting you Sgt  :)

Now that you're in, you need to talk to your Orderly Room about your Canadian Forces Superannuation Act (CFSA) benefits.  All of your time in the British Army is pensionable (although you will have to pay for it).  It will be good to find out your options.  Also, any time you served in the British Army that has not already been recognized by an LS&GC, will count toward you earning the Canadian Forces Decoration (CD), once you have five years in the CF.  See here: http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/chart-tableau-eng.asp?ref=CD, for more details.

AirForceMonkey said:
It was great meeting you Sgt  :)

And you too, it's a shame we didn't get to finish that conversation. You were telling me you'd been wanting to enrol since you were small from what I recall. Good luck with your training  ;)

Pusser said:
Now that you're in, you need to talk to your Orderly Room about your Canadian Forces Superannuation Act (CFSA) benefits.  All of your time in the British Army is pensionable (although you will have to pay for it).  It will be good to find out your options.  Also, any time you served in the British Army that has not already been recognized by an LS&GC, will count toward you earning the Canadian Forces Decoration (CD), once you have five years in the CF.  See here: http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/chart-tableau-eng.asp?ref=CD, for more details.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into that. Not sure if I can do the the CFSA for my previous service as I'm already in receipt of my UK pension, but I'll ask anyway. I received the LS&GC in 2004 so I have 7 years extra that won't have been recognised, which should count toward earning the CD.

British Army said:
And you too, it's a shame we didn't get to finish that conversation. You were telling me you'd been wanting to enrol since you were small from what I recall. Good luck with your training  ;)

Indeed, since I was 10 years old :) Maybe will get to pick that conversation back up one day.

Good luck to you too!! I hope you'll keep updating us  :nod:

AirForceMonkey said:
Indeed, since I was 10 years old :) Maybe will get to pick that conversation back up one day.

Good luck to you too!! I hope you'll keep updating us  :nod:

Look me up if you're ever down in Borden. In the meantime, good luck with BMQ  ;)

British Army said:
Look me up if you're ever down in Borden. In the meantime, good luck with BMQ  ;)

Thank you Sargent! I'll make sure I do.

Hope all goes well for you and that you are settling in quickly!

Welcome to Canada!!  :cdn:

British Army said:

Truly outstanding and welcome to Canada, sir!

Back