• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bystanders watch as 91 year old American vet beaten

Exarecr

Inactive
Reaction score
How sad. Just getting ready to hit the sack when a CTV News story wiped the sleep away in rage. The story shows a brave young thug repeatedly punching this old vet in the face as about 10 onlookers watch and do nothing. Attempting to carjack the vets car it looks as if the vet refuses to let go of his car door as this thug pummeled him. Hope the bystanders have a good sleep tonite. Story should be all over the media tomorrow i would hope. Looks like a long night now.

What the hell is happening to our society, very sad indeed, when people just watch as someone gets hurt. Very, very sad...

As for the punk, he should be put in with some nice home boys in prison, then we'll see how tough he really is when Leroy uses him for a punching bag, among other recreational purposes...

Any word on if he was caught?
I guess if he was he'd probably be realased by now anyway... ::)

hmmmmm......Young punk kicks the crap out of 91 year-old veteran.....
Methinks a few hundred throat punches and 18 months in the clink should be in order.

retiredgrunt45 said:
What the hell is happening to our society, very sad indeed, when people just watch as someone gets hurt. Very, very sad...
Absolutely disgusting.  I'm speechless.

Very sad - Another good example of a bad example................ :threat:

It is horrible :(  :mad:
I am afriad when my grandmother (in her late 80's) goes to the mall etc, I know she wants to be independent but the thought of what would happen if someone punk pushed her over to get her purse scares me.
I think our society could take a page from the orient and show more respect to our elders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_oXxTWHmo

Video of the beating

What I want to say, I cannot because it would be deleated because of the content  :rage:

Too bad the elderly gentleman wasn't carrying - as a veteran of WWII, he probably wouldn't have hesitated to use it, and he probably would have been fairly effective with it.  You've got to admire his tenacity - he simply was not letting go of that door, or letting the punk have his way without some kind of resistance.

What is wrong with people? I hope his a$$ is jailed for the next 100 years!  :threat:

Despicable, both the carjacker and the apathetic bystanders. I hope that I never become so uncaring that I could watch such a thing and not help.

Couldn't the bystanders be charged with unassistance ?
The proof is on tape !

Yrys said:
Couldn't the bystanders be charged with unassistance ?
The proof is on tape !
Like the last episode of Seinfeld?
But seriously what were they thinking? I guess they were to busy gawking to do anything  :mad:

Imbeault said:
Like the last episode of Seinfeld?
But seriously what were they thinking? I guess they were to busy gawking to do anything  :mad:
+1. I wish I was there.  :mad:

What a goddamn cowardly thing to do...not the beating part, but the not doing anything about it part.  As awful as the act in itself is, the absolute apathy from the onlookers is just disgraceful.  Just shameful.  I just hope that in this country were a similar event to happen, people would have the human decency to render assistance.

No, no...  Don't put him in jail!  Turn him loose on the nearest Base, after notifying everyone who he is, what he looks like, and what he has done.  If he were to slip and falls down a few times on the walk back to the Base gate, well that's a shame because there are plenty of safety signs around the Bases these days!

Come to think of it, that might be a good idea for a lot of folks going through the revolving doors of our courts...

"Kneel down and face the ditch" comes to mind too.

Moderator Warning

This thread is very quickly being inundated with some some unprofessional posts. Cease and desist, lest the Milnet.ca Warning System catch up with you.

The Librarian
Milnet.ca Staff

Roger that!

"I will not type angry.  I will not type angry.  I will not type angry.  I will not type angry..." :D

Not to defend the bystanders (Lack of) action, because it is not excusable. But do you think maybe the reason for this is the so called 'bystander effect'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

To me it seems that there are a lot of news peices where people seem to be hurt in public places without anyone helping them. Maybe it's just a darker side of human nature? Saving your own ass before that guys?

Either way, that vet is one tough person.

Back