• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian soldier missing 60 years to be honoured in France

canuckkwan

Inactive
Reaction score
I just remembered that the Cpl at Royal Regiment of Canada who recruited me told us that he was going to France the following week to go for a special ceremony, and when I looked into it I found this article:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2008/11/11/ot-fallensoldier1111.html

Yes, we sent 12 soilders over for the burial party and to take part in this weeks ceremonies. :cdn:

I participated in several of these burials when I was stationed in Geilenkirchen.  The Europeans pull out the stops in support and give full honours.  Those who attend will never forget the experience.

When it comes to the Second World War, Europeans have alot to be thankful for. And that thankfulness extends to the soldiers, sailors and airmen that fell to enemy action in the only way that they can... a burial service that is fit for royalty. We should all be proud that we are recognized in this way. Canada has a name in Europe that many other nations would envy. Ubique

Back