• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

opcougar

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't understand what all the fuss is about  ::) Perhaps focus should be placed on developing said intellectual game shows over here as opposed to trash television like Big Brother, bachelor, bachelorette, et al. Canadians need a change in attitude, and start to support home content as opposed to getting swept away by all thing states side. I mean you have people here supporting NFL teams they have no association with whatsoever, other than bandwagoning and for feel good factor. If only the same support is given to the CFL  ::)

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/24/former-jeopardy-winner-finds-canadian-ban-disappointing

Note: Canadians don't like the decision, come up with your own show and ban Americans from being on it. However, with the exchange rate being what it is, am sure Americans aren't losing sleep over being on a Canadian TV show.

My father once vied for a spot on the show. Made it to the final round of selections before having his ass handed to him by his opposing contestants (they made you play each other for spots then). The cost to travel to New York was astronomical and not worth it today.

It's an American show. Canadians really and honestly have no "right" to be even considered contestants. Plus, Canadians not playing just saves us from that one asshole who makes it through and ends up making our whole country look bad.

What next.....Canada wants to play in a US league controlled by Americans? Wait they already do, while I don't see an American club playing in any Canadian sports league. That will be like a German, Spanish, French soccer team playing in the English Premier League...not going to happen.

Did anyone actually read the article?  It's not about Americans not allowing Canadians on the show; it's about Canada's new anti-spam law not allowing Canadians access to the online test.

"Trebek said in a Monday e-mail Canadians were prevented from taking the online test "since the show must now comply with new rules set down by the Canadian government."

Canada passed anti-spam legislation in 2014 and a new digital-privacy law the following year. However, it's unclear whether either would prevent a Canadian from using the show's online system."

Canadians should be partizan about their own content, shows and culture...rather than glorifying everything American. As a naturalized Canadian, it still baffles when I see people get worked up about Superbowl, but yet refuse to do the same with the Grey cup

opcougar said:
I don't see an American club playing in any Canadian sports league.

The OHL have three American-based clubs, the WHL have five. So there are at least two Canadian sports leagues that have American teams. The CFL, briefly, also had American teams.

Minor...not Major then? I think you know that barely counts

Ostrozac said:
The OHL have three American-based clubs, the WHL have five. So there are at least two Canadian sports leagues that have American teams. The CFL, briefly, also had American teams.

opcougar said:
Minor...not Major then? I think you know that barely counts

Wow. You really does just argue for the sake of it, don't you?

I also think you're getting way too wound up over a game show.

And this is a waste of bandwidth.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back