• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 040/19 - Patches and T-shirts

Remius said:
You are not wrong but I know several females that were elated with pony tails and making pantyhose optional.

Just as I was elated about BEARDFORGEN. We don't get many victories, so even the small ones feel monumental.

AlDazz said:
What an interesting transformation of our forces. This loosening of the the dress standards to raise mortal is a bit of a smoke screen. Members of the forces take pride in what they do and how well they do it. T-shirts and patches don't creatate this training does.

You're right. I gave up on great, exciting, effective training a long time ago. BEARDFORGEN put a little more colour back into my heart.

You can’t roll up your sleeves anymore?  Maybe not with all the Velcro panels, but my old school LWCC certainly can.

You can’t roll up your sleeves anymore?  Maybe not with all the Velcro panels, but my old school LWCC certainly can.

I think it's a case of since those with  the newer CADPAT with all the velcro stuff can't roll up sleeves, then no one is allowed to do it.

ballz said:
Just as I was elated about BEARDFORGEN. We don't get many victories, so even the small ones feel monumental.

“The end of an unclouded day. Almost a happy one. Just one of the 3,653 days of his sentence, from bell to bell. The extra three were for leap years.”

―  Alexander Solzhenitsyn,  One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

;D

daftandbarmy said:
“The end of an unclouded day. Almost a happy one. Just one of the 3,653 days of his sentence, from bell to bell. The extra three were for leap years.”

―  Alexander Solzhenitsyn,  One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

;D

Currently 8132 days into my sentence including 5 days for leap years    :tempertantrum:

Big Spoon said:
Currently 8132 days into my sentence including 5 days for leap years    :tempertantrum:

You have been doing this a long time Big Spoon, If you're section has fancy patches i expect to see one in the mail.

edlabonte said:
You have been doing this a long time Big Spoon, If you're section has fancy patches i expect to see one in the mail.

Consider it done

Journeyman said:
"Bread and circuses," indeed.

I'll admit I had to look up your reference. I don't know if bringing back some semblance of common sense qualifies as superficial re: beards, pony tails, and pantyhose. Certainly not game changers given all the problems we face, but superficial maybe not.

But, what strikes me as odd about your comment, is the originator "used it to decry the selfishness of common people and their neglect of wider concerns. The phrase implies a population's erosion or ignorance of civic duty as a priority."

I've wasted enough time trying to create anything that looks like positive, tangible changes within this organization. I've also watched as a General who still hasn't become a salty pickle like myself still wastes his time, with little to no results, and I've come to accept the reality, that this machine requires utter and dismal failure before it will ever change. In the meantime, I'll be happy with my beard, but it's not for lack of caring of the bigger issues. I can do both at the same time, and unfortunately for the little hair I have left, I do.

Speaking of T Shirts, what is the (Roundel?) on this Air Force T Shirt? The LCol during the CO/RSM Chat with the A/CDS meeting today.
1620234614518.png

Last edited:
Perhaps but if people are willing to pay for them because it makes them feel part of the team (whatever team that may be), was the RCAF wrong in allowing this? My only reservation is with the staff time those initiatives eat.
Years and years ago, when all the squadrons wore whatever shirt they wanted, it wouldn’t have been a problem. The move to a plain dark blue t-shirt, balanced with a reasonable squadron/aircraft name tape on operational flying clothing seemed a reasonable way ahead. I think a non-standard white RCAF roundel seems an unnecessary twiddle, when the RCAF membership is already provided for by the CADPAT name tape. Like I said earlier, it seems ‘unnecessary’. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Canex?

Shouldn't that be an "Air Force shirt with an embroidered Air Force Roundel at the neck"?

(And where's that old "stir pot" emoji gone, anyways?"

episode 4 cooking GIF

If the Air Force did it, you know it's going to happen elsewhere.

Speaking of T Shirts, what is the (Roundel?) on this Air Force T Shirt? The LCol during the CO/RSM Chat with the A/CDS meeting today.
1620234614518.png

GTG already provided the best answer...I'll bore you with the official one.

Officially it is called a V-neck identifier (ref CADO 1-106 Operational Dress, Annex G). Despite it being a CADO, the CADO wording is "This Order establishes the policy governing the regulations and details for the wear and badging of operational dress for Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) personnel".

I guess the value in a V-neck identifier is in case you missed the RCAF rank...blue T-shirt....hands in pocket....various crests that are authorized for flight suits, CADPAT, ECUs, rain jackets...

But wait, there's more

There's an entire Annex in 106 dedicated to CF-18 SHOW SEASON DRESS. 😁

Attachments

• VNIs.jpg
    VNIs.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 27
Back