• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 97/08 LDA FAQs

It's announces "Land Duty Allowance" (formerly known as Field Operations Allowance, or whatever.  Not really formerly known as, but more of a replacement?)
It's effective 1 april 07, and the pay should be in early next year.  The details are in the CANFORGEN. I'd post more, but I believe that the CDS doens't like the CANFORGENS out in full view?  I can't remember the exact directive...

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
For those of you on the DIN:
http://vcds.dwan.dnd.ca/vcds-exec/pubs/canforgen/2008/096-08_e.asp

Enjoy the oncoming rumour mill!  Especially since the facts are right there for all to see!

Looks like something to read next week.  Rockpainter, most of us will not be looking at the DIN till Tuesday  ;D

NL_engineer said:
Looks like something to read next week.  Rockpainter, most of us will not be looking at the DIN till Tuesday  ;D

For sure! Here's to HM Queen Victoria and her wonderful 3 day weekend!!!!  8)

PuckChaser said:
For sure! Here's to HRH Queen Victoria and her wonderful 3 day weekend!!!!  8)
Actually, HM Queen Victoria, no?  Empress of India and all that.  I'll celebrate her day off by....getting dusty on the plain in Wainwright.

:crybaby:

NFLD Sapper said:
Don't get too dusty there Mortarman  ;D

:cheers:
Feel free to quench my thirst FOR me this weekend, one and all.  Trust me, it could be MUCH WORSE.

Done and Done their Mortarman, maybe if you are in my neck of the woods we could get together for a few.

Well i'm on the dusty plains of Wainwright and I'm quenching my thirst just fine.  ;D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Actually, HM Queen Victoria, no?  Empress of India and all that.  I'll celebrate her day off by....getting dusty on the plain in Wainwright.

:crybaby:

Hot and dusty plains of Suffield here.  Nothing like a long weekend in the field.  Who dreams this stuff up?  ;)

8)  not sure I'm at home enjoying the 5's in my new trade 321 missing my old one 031 but then again i like the spec pay im getting now .    :salute:  have a good Victoria Day 

PPCLI Guy said:
Hot and dusty plains of Suffield here.  Nothing like a long weekend in the field.  Who dreams this stuff up?   ;)

I personally blame the CO......  ;D

CANFORGEN 096/08 CMP 037/08 161544Z MAY 08
NEW LAND DUTY AND CASUAL LAND DUTY ALLOWANCES
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CBI 205.39 (FIELD OPERATIONS ALLOWANCE)
B. CBI 205.33 (LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE)
C. CBI 205.335 (CASUAL LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE)

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO ANNOUNCE THE INTRODUCTION OF A NEW LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE (LDA) AND CASUAL LDA (CLDA) THAT REPLACE THE FIELD OPERATIONS ALLOWANCE (FOA) EFFECTIVE 1 APR 07.

THE PURPOSE OF LDA AND CLDA IS TO COMPENSATE CF PERSONNEL FOR EXPOSURE TO AUSTERE FIELD ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORK CONDITIONS.

LDA IS A TAXABLE MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PAYABLE TO CF PERSONNEL WHO ARE POSTED TO A DESIGNATED FIELD UNIT OR POSITION. THE RATE FOR LDA VARIES BETWEEN 291 AND 733 DOLLARS PER MONTH, DEPENDING ON THE LEVEL OF ACCUMULATED ELIGIBLE SERVICE. ELIGIBLE SERVICE INCLUDES ANY PERIOD SINCE ENROLMENT SERVED AT A FIELD UNIT, AS WELL AS ANY PERIOD IN RECEIPT OF LAND DUTY, AIRCREW, SEA DUTY, HARDSHIP, SUB, AND JTF2 ALLOWANCES, AGAIN, FROM TIME OF ENROLMENT.

CLDA IS A TAXABLE DAILY ALLOWANCE PAYABLE TO PERSONNEL NOT IN RECEIPT OF LDA BUT WHO DEPLOY TO THE FIELD FOR A PERIOD OF NOT LESS THAN 24 HOURS. THE DAILY RATE FOR CLDA IS 24 DOLLARS AND 23 CENTS.

PAYMENT OF THESE NEW ALLOWANCES, INCLUDING RETROACTIVE ADJUSTMENTS BACK TO 1 APR 07, WILL BE MADE IN THE JAN TO MAR 09 TIMEFRAME. AS AN INTERIM MEASURE, THE CURRENT ALLOWANCE SYSTEM WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL THE COMPLEX TRANSITION TO THE NEW ALLOWANCE STRUCTURE IS COMPLETE.

THE NEW LDA/CLDA COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT INSTRUCTION (CBI) IS AVAILABLE IN SECTION 2 OF CBI CHAP 205 AT WWW.DND.CA/DGCB/CBI. ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) ARE AVAILABLE AT WWW.DND.CA/DGCB/DPPD.

A LIST OF UNITS ELIGIBLE FOR LDA EFFECTIVE 1 APR 07 AND FIELD UNITS DESIGNATED AS ELIGIBLE FOR THE CALCULATION OF ACCUMULATED ELIGIBLE SERVICE PRIOR TO APR 07 IS BEING CONSOLIDATED AND WILL BE PUBLISHED SOONEST IN THE ALLOWANCES SECTION OF THE DIRECTOR PAY POLICY DEVELOPMENT (DPPD) WEB SITE: WWW.DND.CA/DGCB/DPPD.

QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CBI MAY BE DIRECTED TO DPPD 5-2, CPO1 J. MONTPETIT, 613-995-5348. QUESTIONS REGARDING ADMINISTRATION/PROCESSING OF PAYMENTS MAY BE DIRECTED TO DMPAP, PO1 T. MCCARTHY, 613-995-6838.

SIGNED BY MGEN W. SEMIANIW, CMP

UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CBI 205.325 (CASUAL AIRCREW ALLOWANCE)
B. CBI 205.335 (CASUAL LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE)
C. CBI 205.355 (CASUAL SEA DUTY ALLOWANCE)
D. CBI 205.375 (CASUAL SUBMARINE ALLOWANCE)
E. CBI 205.32 (AIRCREW ALLOWANCE)
F. CBI 205.33 (LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE)
G. CBI 205.35 (SEA DUTY ALLOWANCE)
H. CBI 205.37 (SUBMARINE ALLOWANCE)
I. CBI 205.385 (JOINT TASK FORCE 2 ALLOWANCE)

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO ANNOUNCE RATE AND POLICY CHANGES FOR CERTAIN ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCES EFFECTIVE 1 APR 07.

THE RATE FOR CASUAL SEA DUTY ALLOWANCE (CSDA) IS INCREASED TO 24 DOLLARS AND 23 CENTS, AND THE RATE FOR CASUAL SUBMARINE ALLOWANCE (CSUBA) TO 27 DOLLARS AND 23 CENTS.

REFS A-D ARE AMENDED TO ALLOW CF PERSONNEL TO RECEIVE CASUAL AIRCREW ALLOWANCE, CASUAL LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE, CSDA AND CSUBA UP TO THE HIGHEST RATE FOR THEIR RESPECTIVE MONTHLY ALLOWANCES.

REFS E-I ARE AMENDED TO ALLOW A SYSTEM OF POINTS VERSUS MONTHS TO BE USED TO CALCULATE ACCUMULATED ELIGIBLE SERVICE FOR AIR, LAND, SEA AND SUB ALLOWANCE. IN ADDITION, PERSONNEL EARN ONE POINT FOR EACH MONTH THEY ARE IN RECEIPT OF ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CORE ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCES:

HARDSHIP ALLOWANCE AT CBI 10.03.05

AIRCREW ALLOWANCE AT CBI 205.32

LAND DUTY ALLOWANCE AT CBI 205.33

SEA DUTY ALLOWANCE AT CBI 205.35

SUBMARINE ALLOWANCE AT CBI 205.37 AND

JOINT TASK FORCE ALLOWANCE AT CBI 205.385

PAYMENT OF THE AMENDED RATES, INCLUDING RETROACTIVE ADJUSTMENTS BACK TO 1 APR 07, WILL BE DELIVERED IN THE JAN TO MAR 09 TIMEFRAME. AS AN INTERIM MEASURE, THE CURRENT ALLOWANCE SYSTEM WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL THE COMPLEX TRANSITION TO THE NEW ALLOWANCE STRUCTURE IS COMPLETE.
THE AMENDED CBIS ARE AVAILABLE AT WWW.DND.CA/DGCB/CBI AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DGCB WEB SITE: WWW.DND.CA/DGCB/DPPD. POLICY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO DPPD 5-2, CPO1 J. MONTPETIT, 613-995-5348. QUESTIONS REGARDING ADMINISTRATION/PROCESSING OF PAYMENTS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO DMPAP, PO1 T. MCCARTHY, 613-995-8638.
SIGNED BY MGEN W. SEMIANIW, CMP

From what I have read so far it looks much better than the current system..  Mods I did a search, forgive me if this is covered elsewhere.

Does anyone have access to the scale IE:

X yrs of Field = X amount per month???

Anyone picking up what I am putting down here?

As per the CANFORGEN, until "THE NEW ALLOWANCE STRUCTURE IS COMPLETE", the answer to that would be no.

Anything provided would be rumour and/or unsubstantiated facts.

That being said it is possible they will adopt the FSP/OFSP type scale to accredit points to Enviromental Allowances, but that is just a a guess as nothing official has yet been distributed.

Table to CBI 205.33

COLUMN 1  ACCUMULATED ELIGIBLE SERVICE  COLUMN 2  MONTHLY RATE

Less than 60 points                                            291
60 points or more but less than 108 points            414
108 points or more but less than 144 points          537
144 points or more but less than 180 points          649
180 points or more but less than 216 points          691
216 points or more                                            733

Is this what you were looking for?

Yup sure was what I was looking for thank you

now to try and calculate my points .....9 years of field time will = 108 points so an allowance of $537

1 point for every month.  10 Casual days in a month = 1 point.

Back