• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

I read that article a couple of days ago. My question is: Why wasn't the employee wearing a mask?? I see that the employee has been suspended but the manager should also be suspended or fired. Or at the very least, fined.

Doug Ford was playing taxi driver yesterday, for random strangers, while not wearing a mask...

1642533435494.png

Doug Ford was playing taxi driver yesterday, for random strangers, while not wearing a mask...

Memories of the scolding Mayor Tory took for daring to temporarily lower his mask - while outdoors in a park... :)

I see what you did there.

20201217-torymask_photos_v2_custom.jpg

So what's Quebec looking at for fines?

Greece is charging people over 60 $115 a month
Austria is looking at $5000 CDN every 3 months.
The Philippines is just going to throw people in jail.

Thanks to that day care Quebec should really be able to dig deep into peoples wallets.

View attachment 68142
Today he announced that he will soon announce ‘good news’. Is this guy our premier or an entertainer? We’ll have the full story, later in the show.

Some are starting to take initiatives to fight the vaccine skeptics, conspiracy theorists and far-right extremists who have been protesting coronavirus measures:

It's funny how it's always "far right", yet all but one of the people I personally know who oppose, and downplay, this whole thing would come from a spot way " more left" then I am.

Those who still think that this anti-vax/ anti restriction belief is a "left/right thing are so stuck in trying to prove a political point that they just make things worse.

But probably feel smug so things are good I guess.🙄

It's funny how it's always "far right", yet all but one of the people I personally know who oppose, and downplay, this whole thing would come from a spot way " more left" then I am.

Those who still think that this anti-vax/ anti restriction belief is a "left/right thing are so stuck in trying to prove a political point that they just make things worse.

The core issue is neither right or left.

But certain things will attract unsavoury elements from one spectrum or another.

Take indegenous protests where left wing activists will get involved or environmental ones where left wing nut bars will try and get traction.

Same with anti vacc anti mandate actions (like this truck convoy). It’s now attracted far right, PPC, Wexit Types and yellow vest activists. Not to mention some hate groups getting some attention.

I haven’t seen ACORN or BLM joining the crazy train to Ottawa, but they sure as heck insert themselves in causes that are tentatively linked to their own interests.

It's both, but as Remius said, this particular one is far-right.

Previous protests, before this got subsumed into the "FREEDOM" crowd, were mostly far-left. Remember when anti-vaxxers were mostly hippies or "yoga moms"?

I was talking with a high school friend who would likely be with the convoy if it wasn't for taking care of the free range chickens and turkeys on his organic farm in SW Sask. He's not vaccinated, really has no plans to but doesn't chastise the majority (like me) who have been vaxxed. He also hasn't really been off his farm since this whole thing started and I busted his balls about talking to the turkeys and taking advice from them. He then admitted to me that he was at a gathering in Regina where later in the press his group were called White Supremist, which I commented "how much woodland cammo was being worn?" We both laughed at the thought that if 2 greying white guys are seen together that seems to be cue for some folks to mutter about a Klan meeting.

As I said before, this convoy has more to do with lockdown mandates and hating Trudeau then it has to do with anti-vaccinations. But as per usual crazies, guys who think they are funny, and unsavory characters of all stripes have joined and therefore will be the dominate feature of the coverage

Remember when anti-vaxxers were mostly hippies or "yoga moms"?
I was just thinking that the other day. Reminded me of an article I read before the pandemic about far right groups starting to recruit in anti-vax/organic farming/vegan circles. I will see if I could find it.

I was just thinking that the other day. Reminded me of an article I read before the pandemic about far right groups starting to recruit in anti-vax/organic farming/vegan circles. I will see if I could find it.

Probably not the same article but yeah…lol

As I said before, this convoy has more to do with lockdown mandates and hating Trudeau then it has to do with anti-vaccinations. But as per usual crazies, guys who think they are funny, and unsavory characters of all stripes have joined and therefore will be the dominate feature of the coverage
Something something "selection and maintenance of the aim"...

Something something "selection and maintenance of the aim"...
The convoy organizers lost the plot when they allowed certain unsavory folks to join in. The feds (re: LPC) just need to focus on the unsavory types to vilify the entire movement. Doesn't hurt that the media loves the unsavory because they generate clicks, likes, and then advertising dollars.

The convoy organizers lost the plot when they allowed certain unsavory folks to join in. The feds (re: LPC) just need to focus on the unsavory types to vilify the entire movement. Doesn't hurt that the media loves the unsavory because they generate clicks, likes, and then advertising dollars.
It doesn't matter what the group is that is how the LPC (and other political parties), like to play. There is no separating any group at this point in time, thanks to the internet where anyone can be the spokesperson vs 30 years ago where you had to physically go up to someone to be a representative. Even if you do statements denying those groups the damage is already done and the people who want to demonize you are only going to hear what they want. A simple example being I know someone who voted Liberal in the last election because of that attack ad which made it seem as though the Conservatives would get rid of public healthcare despite numerous statements by that party otherwise.

When you have groups with legitimate grievances and you seek to derail them and deny them the political process, you are creating the environment that extremism forms.

For example the Covid restrictions do all violate your rights, it is just a matter of if it can be legally justified. To many, including plenty of vaccinated people, they aren't justified. For the truckers in this case, they have been functioning just fine for 2 years without any major outbreak or issue, so why is it one now unless it is simply the goal of the government to flex its muscle for political gain? Could the same outcome not be managed with periodic testing? All sorts of legitimate questions and potential solutions without a mandate, but that doesn't sound as good to the government and their political base.

... crazies, guys who think they are funny, and unsavory characters of all stripes have joined and therefore will be the dominate feature of the coverage
And it doesn't take many of them on any end of the political spectrum to make the others look bad.

And no matter what side, BLM/Antifa/Proud Boys/pro-life/pro-choice/anarchist/etc., sees the loony-tunes types acting up, this still applies ....
TheStandardYouWalkBy.jpg

Just watched CBC's The National. Top story was the "Freedom Convoy". As predicted the LPC and NDP are calling out the unsavory and the CBC concentrated on the one guy who is the poster boy for bad behaviour, although there was a confusing video that seemed to suggest that he was leaving the convoy. No explanation, no context....hmm. The leader of the NDP got blindsided by his brother in law who donated 13K to the cause....whoops! No mention of the convoy coming from the east.
On YouTube, my feed came up with video's from the march east and the highway east of Winnipeg was lined with folks showing their support to the convoy. Granted that road is just north of Steinbach the epicenter of anti-vax in Manitoba but was still a significant number.
The truckers are to be in Ottawa on Saturday......boy oh boy Wellington and Elgin are going to be a gong show!!!

If these people knew their history they wouldn't have used the Star of David or Fallen soldiers as their inspiration. They should have used the "On To Ottawa Trek" instead. But then they would have had to be prepared to get their heads caved in by the RCMP.

Current news is to stay away from downtown. It’s pretty dead anyways but the organizers can’t say how many will be there. And warnings about fringe groups, far right groups that have joined and what they might do have gone out. Also warnings about counter protesters.

Back