• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFRC

"when candiates arrive on course with medical problems then there's something wrong with the medical exam. The medics should be allowed to look at the candidates' past civial medical file. That way we don't have to take the members word that he does have a mental / physical problem that could effect saftey."

What about those who do not have a family doctor? Do we just counsel them out? And if they do have a family doctor, do we assume that they are telling them the truth?

Personally, I don't know what goes on during a recruiting medical examination because I am not a medical person. I would guess that there would be other signs regarding a person's mental health status, but again, I'm no expert.

How do you know that the student on course has a genuine mental health issue? Perhaps this is their best way of being RTU'd. As an instructor, what makes your medical training more accurate than another instructor? Who decides that a student has a mental health issue?

I understand your frustration, but no system is perfect; there are limitations.

Fitness testing has always been a topic for debate. Personally, I like a 400 point style of test.

Enough from me. I do understand what you are saying. Anyways, at the very least, I would share the course results with your CFRC: they would probably be very interested.

Hats off to CFRC St. John's. Not only were they prompt in replying to my questions, they were quite friendly, and I got to do ALL of my testing in one day.

Being one of the Candidates on this particular Mcpl's BMQ/SQ course I understand his frustration with some of the candidates (not to say that even the candidates that passed didnt at some point or another create some excessive paperwork or headaches) I myself was not overly thrilled having a fireteam partner who had trouble making his own bed nevermind firing a rifle with any level of competance (which concerned me far more then the state of his sheets). Who knows maybe some of these suggestions will be taken into consideration, which will not only ease the stress on the instructors, but also make some of the candidates feel much safer as welll.

Back