• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chest Rig vs Tac vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brit - yes - but...

Bah! Fuck you too! You're just a CTS apologist like the rest of them!  ;D

OK Let's all take a step back here before we start cooking off 40mm grenades....

"You're just a CTS apologist like the rest of them!"

Ohhhhh, thems fighting words.  :P

CFL said:
"You're just a CTS apologist like the rest of them!"

Ohhhhh, thems fighting words.
:D

Can't wait to see it
"In this corner, wearing the 5000K super MOLLE is *insert name here*, up against, in that corner wearing the CTS issued TV *insert name there*..........
:argument:

CFL said:
vonGarvin haven't seen you in the "Stop the kit issue and let soldiers buy their own." thread lately
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/41731.30.html
Didn't see it.  I'll avoid it.  Only comment: "buy your own?"  Logistical nightmare.  Full stop.

I don't know about the TV but I love the argument graphic with the clubs  ;D

I have created life: twice. 
:salute:
Well said.

I must admit that I agree with most of what Kevin said, but certainly not how it was put. He has been known to get a wee bit excited now and then...

Does anyone with combat experience feel that the dark green of a Cadpat TW vest over an Arid colour scheme uniform presents an improved aiming point/ sight picture for enemy pers? I can't help but think that  having a load carriage system roughly matching your uniform would  present a less obvious point of aim for the bad guys.

Imperial Stormtroopers don't wear Tacvests....

Loch Sloy! said:
:salute:
Well said.

I must admit that I agree with most of what Kevin said, but certainly not how it was put. He has been known to get a wee bit excited now and then...

Does anyone with combat experience feel that the dark green of a Cadpat TW vest over an Arid colour scheme uniform presents an improved aiming point/ sight picture for enemy pers? I can't help but think that  having a load carriage system roughly matching your uniform would  present a less obvious point of aim for the bad guys.
Not really...it's not like it's all brown drab desert over there.  It blends in well at a distance and when static you just look like one of the other million rocks around you.

This threads still here?  :o

It depends I will agree with what Mike said at distance outside the cities.

I recall looking some nights in and around Kabul and you could not miss the guys in the TV's on Athena.

That long green and black gun (that they wont let guys paint anymore outside sniper cells) is a pretty big indicator too.

I owe a public appology to Von Garvin, as I've met some people who know him and say that he likes to play the devils advocate and his sarcasm is tough to read the net.

BUT I STILL HATE THE TV  ;)

Mike - I have two rigs that I will drop off next time I am down - you can give them to deserving troops...

KevinB said:
I owe a public appology to Von Garvin, as I've met some people who know him and say that he likes to play the devils advocate and his sarcasm is tough to read the net.
BUT I STILL HATE THE TV  ;)
No Problem *shaking hands*.  And I know that nothing I say will make you like anything.
As for the contrast of arid/green: I had green (TW?) combats and a tan camelback (yes, issued) ;)  Then, it hit me like a dart between the eyes: what a wonderful aiming mark.  So, took that cadpat "cam screen dealie", cut a piece out and "covered" the camelback in it in a rudimentary fashion.

As for TV: the Law and Order series rocks, but the Gilmore Girls?  *puke*
;)

Painted handguards isn't an issue at all...if you have them no big deal to throw them on.

It was painting the entire gun -- or in one guys case the M230A1 as well  ;D

I call this the RCR Heart Attack

kevssfw.jpg

EOTECH -painted TAN - kinda check - seems the paint did not stick well too it
REAR BIS - painted TAN - check
RAS - painted TAN/CAMO - check
PEQ-2B(Insight 7500) - painted TAN -check
Surefire - painted TAN - check
Vert Grip - Painted TAN - check
Pistol grip - painted TAN -check
Stock -  Painted TAN - check

Noticed reciever has been cleaned (somewhat) of the paint that had been applied

I had painted handguards in Canada...

And these came tan
CT.jpg

I disgress --
Hey VonG - at least you got Camelbak's - we got 4 / platoon since NSE have divied them up (clerks need to suck water via a camelbak in an office dont-ya-know) to all the units...

KevinB said:
Mike - I have two rigs that I will drop off next time I am down - you can give them to deserving troops...

Ahh good to hear.  Drop me a line when you'll be around.

KevinB said:
I call this the RCR Heart Attack
kevssfw.jpg
HELP!  SOMEONE CALL 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  *errrp*  How can you do drill with that?  It's junk ;)  (yes, this is me being sarcastic)
KevinB said:
I disgress --
Hey VonG - at least you got Camelbak's - we got 4 / platoon since NSE have divied them up (clerks need to suck water via a camelbak in an office dont-ya-know) to all the units...
Yes, get's awfully hot in those air conditioned ACCO trailers.  Could dehydrate and pass out on a keyboard and end up typing stuff like this:
kljasiopdf432n;og;jif

Heaven forbid!

vonGarvin said:
Yes, get's awfully hot in those air conditioned ACCO trailers.  Could dehydrate and pass out on a keyboard and end up typing stuff like this:
kljasiopdf432n;og;jif

Heaven forbid!

or they could acidentaly send a only half typed email, if they hit the correct combination of buttons....So I think they need to wear their BEW's at all times while in airconditioning. Rember, saftey first.

Got a good buddy in country running a TAG Molle plate carrier from One Shot Tactical. He is running, at least, ten mags primary and four to five mags secondary. The plate carrier worked better getting in and out o' vehicles for rapid dismount  with all the necessary fighting gear. He is a medic.....the infantry are carry more mags and frags.

Link to TAG Carrier: http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oneshot&Product_Code=CR-PlateCarrier&Category_Code=CR

My father has had lunch with the Defence Minister who is under the impression that 5 mags is more than enough. "There is always more in the boat (evidently referring to the aged AVGP)" Doesn't mean much if all your stay behinds got blown up with the veh ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back