• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

“Current fleet of 15 P-3 Orions”

That isn’t the number of aircraft we have and Canada never had a single P-3 Orion. Ever.

The rest of the Bombardier stuff is likely less accurate.

We need the replacement before 2031. We needed the replacement before we started wasting money on Block 4. GD Canada overstates how awesome the IMS is. No one in the RCAF is officially saying that but having crewed Block 2 and 3 aircraft operationally and taken part in Block 4 ET&E/PAT&E, I’m saying it.
Cylone also, loudly, enters the chat…

(IMS Also designed by GD Canada. Also, a clunky, buggy Operating System…)

Cylone also, loudly, enters the chat…

(IMS Also designed by GD Canada. Also, a clunky, buggy Operating System…)

Yup. IMO, CR2.1 was done ass backwards. Not sure if it was popular with the crews but…the MHWS IMS was a clusterfuck pre-CR2.1. The TWC change was poorly thought out and implemented IMO. MHWS IMS was completely void of LL from the LRP Block 3 LL and development. The brick wall between the 2 projects demonstrates cleared that GD Canada should not have a say in CMMA, IMO.

The FWI for MHWS software support baffled me. Not sure who signed off on that one…

Yup. IMO, CR2.1 was done ass backwards. Not sure if it was popular with the crews but…the MHWS IMS was a clusterfuck pre-CR2.1. The TWC change was poorly thought out and implemented IMO. MHWS IMS was completely void of LL from the LRP Block 3 LL and development. The brick wall between the 2 projects demonstrates cleared that GD Canada should not have a say in CMMA, IMO.

The FWI for MHWS software support baffled me. Not sure who signed off on that one…
It is a mystery for the ages…

Two more years. I keep saying that to myself. Hopefully P8 production continues and PP and the CPC can order it in two more years and limit the damage. I wonder if anyone has calculated the risk if the Bombardier offer doesnt work and we are in 2030 with no alternative

Two more years. I keep saying that to myself. Hopefully P8 production continues and PP and the CPC can order it in two more years and limit the damage. I wonder if anyone has calculated the risk if the Bombardier offer doesnt work and we are in 2030 with no alternative
Before winding ourselves up in knots, has the GoC actually signalled any intent not to go ahead with the P-8?

Yes the cabinet shuffled and we have a new MND, but it’s still under the Trudeau govt.

Don’t even think as far ahead as 2030. Think “tomorrow”.

Before winding ourselves up in knots, has the GoC actually signalled any intent not to go ahead with the P-8?

Yes the cabinet shuffled and we have a new MND, but it’s still under the Trudeau govt.

I’ve posted my “not in any way from official sources” expectation on official Govt news on this; I am betting the answers will be known shortly after we eat turkey in Oct.

Does that mean I get to be the Finance Minister?

Surprise Youre Coming With Me GIF by Hollyoaks

Back