• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Why not give them a contract for a few GlobalEyes, to fill the holes in the NWS? Could come from the NORAD upgrade budget.
And base them where? They might have a decent range but the north is a really big place. Are you proposing 24/7/365 aircraft in the air like back in the Cold War?

We are beyond stretched to replace our already current limited capabilities both in manpower and dollars. Adding new to us stuff will remain a dream I think.

Beltway gossip says it was inked.
But no CDN announcement yet.

There was an opinion piece in the Sun yesterday whining that Bomardeeer wasn't awarded the contract. I so want to tell the author he should speak with those who actually know about such things and stop talking to Bomardeer.

Beltway gossip says it was inked.
But no CDN announcement yet.

Official Canadian announcement will be late Friday afternoon I'm sure.

There was an opinion piece in the Sun yesterday whining that Bomardeeer wasn't awarded the contract. I so want to tell the author he should speak with those who actually know about such things and stop talking to Bomardeer.
Author is the live in boyfriend of Doug Ford's press secretary.

Hopefully a new Government will confirm the extra two with a few more on top.
Exceeding 16 would require amended approval or a new approval (on both sides of the border), and would be unlikely.

Back