• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commissionaires?

buckahed

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with the Commissionaires? Good, bad, PITA , pay? Any information would be appreciated, I need something to do in my old age, but I'd like an outside opinion if possible.

I have had several experiences with commissionaires. Most of them were friendly ones except with the ones at Navres divisions ;D. One of them ignored me as he was reading his book in the guard booth and he would not talk to me unless I phoned the number posted on the door. ::)

They are stationed all over government properties including Military bases, airports and even at Police Stations to watch the property. From what I've seen, it's not very challenging and depending on the kind of person you are, you might enjoy it. They mostly patrol buildings and lockup at night when the building closes.

I didn't find much on the pay, but I'm sure somebody else has some kind of chart hanging around.

Hope this helps :salute:

I'm commissionaire at this moment....

the pay is OK, the job is OK , do not think you will change the world...it is some time a Little boring.

maximum 36 hours per week, they don't like OT

you will to follow a course which cost around 2000$ if i remember well.

feel free to contact me if you have further question.

Gone are the days when Commissionairs were Vets of WW1, 2 and Korea, and former RCMP members. Although now, one needs no military experience, you may still find retired CF and RCMP members here and there, but I think as of late (in my opinion) their reputation has simply gone to the dogs.

From what I understand, the pay is still not the best, as it was designed to supplement a pension.

I worked as a Comissionaire for 3 months, part time at the RCMP Regina Det Jail on Dewdney Ave, back in the late 80's, to make extra $$$ over Christmas. When I was done, I was asked if I wanted to continue part time/casual, and I did NOT accept.

Cheers,

Wes

buckahed said:
Anyone here have any experience with the Commissionaires? Good, bad, PITA , pay? Any information would be appreciated, I need something to do in my old age, but I'd like an outside opinion if possible.

I got a ticket from one. Let's say we had different views.

Now, now, TN, you're just bitter and twisted because you got a parking ticket.
As said before, mostly retied military etc join the Commissionaires to suppelment thier income.  My friend says the actual job is not bad, the pay is minimum wage or slightly higher.  Depending on where you end up "patrolling" depends on how much you'll enjoy yourself.
Cheers,

I met one at an RCMP station in PEI when I was younger, and he put the run to me...

What a cheerful fellow he was.  :p

Back