• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comtacs and the TCCCS system.

tim_chi

Inactive
Reaction score
I know I posted something a while back about trying to splice the Comtac II's into the
vehicles or 521's or 522's.

I have done it. I have the schematics and needed diagrams if you want.

I can also supply you with the actual PTT that links a standard NATO plugged headset into
the TCCCS system.

Cheers.

Tim

Please stop your illegal modifications. March yourself to your local MP det and ask for a room for the evening.

I dont want to hear how "everyone does it".  You have successfully compromised the security of your vehicle, and potentially the entire CF.
( I cannot go into detail how )

I will also encourage you to look up the CANLANDGEN signed by LGEN Leslie regarding illegal modifications.

Cheese it, its the fun police.

I'm sure CANSOF has COTS adapters to do exactly what tim_chi did, only he used electronics knowledge and little inventiveness to do the same thing. I've personally witnessed vehicles come from TCCCS refit that compromise security due to improper wiring, but Quality Assurance signed off that it was good to go. Maybe those techs (or are they civvies) should be the ones in cells.

We are trying to change the culture of modifications to suit personal needs without regard for why the vehicle is designed the way it is.

A TCI course would really open your eyes. But, for now I suggest a little research on emission testing.  Communication suites are electronically designed to keep all emissions withing "the bubble" and installed with millimetre accuracy.

ANY modifications and you might as well be transmitting in the clear.

I am a firm believer that our 2EW guys should do a tour showing what Gucci mods do to the emsec bubble. Unfortunately,  the kit and techniques used are beyond the security classification of most people in the CF.  (and the notion that the "enemy" does not have this technology is foolish)

The CLS issued a lawful order to STOP all modifications.  I don't care what the SOF guys are doing. Perhaps their mods are approved and emsec tested?

CANLANDGEN 13/09 has all the relevent info regarding modifications to any of the TCCCS equipment.

PuckChaser,

I'm quite sure CANSOFCOM has all of its waivers in order. And I'm am certain that The BCRs which Tim_chi presents himself as a member of DEFINATLY DOESN'T.

Back