• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps end-of- the year trips

Chief Wilson (Jumper) said:
I didn't put this topic up so that some immature RSM can come along and try to criticize me for putting an "e" instead of a "p" in the word corps. I'm pretty cure that there are probably a lot of things that i can criticize you about.....grow up. ^-^  

Come on Chief, pull your head in and lead by example.

1913_Cpl said:
anyways as to second Zedic_1913 ...yes the Ottawa trip was OK...it was kind of boring though spending 4 hours in an aviation museum.
condor888000 said:
Hey don't insult that museum! I've spent many a tuesday night in uniform there............and walked into several of the planes while carrying the flags..........stupid planes.........*shakes fist*
You parade there?? :S

1913_Cpl said:
Congratulations to the two RSM's that got that medal that i cant remember what its called!!
Thanks, and the medal is called the Lord Strathcona Medal.

Zedic_1913 said:
You parade there?? :S
Thanks, and the medal is called the Lord Strathcona Medal.

Yeah congrats zedic, i knew u would have eventually gotten a third.lol. I'll be at ur change of rsm parade on sunday. Good job on the weekend as well.

condor888000 said:
Hey don't insult that museum! I've spent many a tuesday night in uniform there............and walked into several of the planes while carrying the flags..........stupid planes.........*shakes fist*

I love the National Aviation Museum. I was there last summer and i was awesome, I spent hours in there. I wish the museum in Winnipeg had that kind of room!

Chief Wilson said:
Yeah congrats zedic, i knew u would have eventually gotten a third.lol. I'll be at ur change of rsm parade on sunday. Good job on the weekend as well.
Thanks, yeah annual this year should be a good parade ... hoping to "go out with a bang."  Good job to you this weekend as well.

If its a big aviation museum in Ottawa then yes. Its pretty nice for the aviation classes but sucks if you're on flags. A couple of the wings/rotors have marks on them from a flag bearer who wasn't paying attention.......

Chief Wilson said:
Yeah congrats zedic, i knew u would have eventually gotten a third.lol. I'll be at your change of rsm parade on sunday. Good job on the weekend as well.

Change of RSM Parade??? What when is this???....And who's getting RSM?..Butterfield or Iverson?

The Annual parade was by far the most AMAZING parade I've ever seen from those cadets. It was...wow.
It was at the Aurora Community Centre. But yeah, it was so great. They've come a long way from Christmas.
Everyone is going to miss our RSM and the three Sergeant Majors that mugged out too.

:cdn:

Q.Y. RANG said:
The Annual parade was by far the most AMAZING parade I've ever seen from those cadets. It was...wow.
It was at the Aurora Community Centre. But yeah, it was so great. They've come a long way from Christmas.
Everyone is going to miss our RSM and the three Sergeant Majors that mugged out too.

ya i was there to. it was a nice parade. a little different than i have ever seen anyother annual parade before though

i just didn't understand why the rsm had a sword and did not do the sword drill. he just kept it n its sheath.

-Hutch- said:
i just didn't understand why the rsm had a sword and did not do the sword drill. he just kept it n its sheath.
simply because as a cadet, he is not supposed to draw his sword...

myself and my CSM sometimes wear swords for CO's parade, but by no means do we draw them

ouyin2000 said:
simply because as a cadet, he is not supposed to draw his sword...

myself and my CSM sometimes wear swords for CO's parade, but by no means do we draw them

for my annual parade there were the rsm and the 2 ssm's that carried swords. we did all the sword drill. if you are going to carry a sword than you should do the drill. if you don't there is not point in having the sword.

i should also add we had to act like officers. you know fall in once the parade marched in and fall out before the parade marches off. we got the swords from our regiment. it is like when a cadet has a rifle you will salute the proper way with a rifle , so why not salute the proper way with a sword?

Anyone may feel free to correct me if I'm wrong .... my understanding is swords are for officers.  The exception to this is for colours (in the military).  Also I've heard that in some regiments the RSM carries a sword, but tradition dictates that the sword is only drawn from its sheath on a trooping of the colours ceremony.

Cadets are not officers, thus in my opinion should not be entitled to carry swords.

we're permitted to carry them as a part of our uniform for special parades (like COs parade and our ACR), but are not permitted to draw them because we are not officers

ouyin2000 said:
we're permitted to carry them as a part of our uniform for special parades (like COs parade and our ACR), but are not permitted to draw them because we are not officers
Exactly

Back on topic of the thread, my Corps is having an end-of-the-year pizza party tomorrow night at our LHQ. Not a trip, but something! :)

ouyin2000 said:

meh what ever. when the regiment tells use to stop doing it we will stop. if you have a "part of your uniform" you should do all the drill that is entitled to that part of uniform. like with a rife you do rife drill, mace you do mace drill. all i am saying is if you have a sword you should do sword drill, other wise you should not have it. and maybe cadets should not have swords. i am not going to argue that point, simply because there is no point.

like i said at the beginning  meh what ever.

Well, for a Cadet Master Warrant Officer you think you could be a little more mature about it..."meh whatever" sure isn't mature.

-Hutch- said:
all i am saying is if you have a sword you should do sword drill, other wise you should not have it.
So if my CO happened to own a pacestick .... they should carry it on parade and do the drill associated with that?  Evidently not, as they are an officer and not a NCM.  Same thing should apply for swords.  Carrying a sword in it's sheath serves the purpose of maintaining tradition, so just because they're not doing drill with it doesn't mean they shouldn't be carrying it.

-Hutch- said:
like i said at the beginning  meh what ever.
With an attitude like that, I'm glad your not one of my MWOs.

Zedic_1913 said:
...With an attitude like that, I'm glad your not one of my MWOs.
I have to agree, poorly motivated seniors only leads to poorly motivated cadets, which in the future will become poorly motivated seniors, and it all rolls down hill from there.

-Hutch- said:
meh what ever. when the regiment tells use to stop doing it we will stop. if you have a "part of your uniform" you should do all the drill that is entitled to that part of uniform. like with a rife you do rife drill, mace you do mace drill. all i am saying is if you have a sword you should do sword drill, other wise you should not have it. and maybe cadets should not have swords. i am not going to argue that point, simply because there is no point.

like i said at the beginning    meh what ever.

At my unit everybody that has a sword draws it when the time comes. They salute with the sword drawn etc. I find it pretty neat. Now weather its allowed or not is another topic.

Back