• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crocs?

Matt_Fisher

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody have an opinion on Crocs as a possible accessory to add to the lineup?

Ideal shower shoe, barracks/FOB walkabout, or just plain retarded?

I'll go with just plain retarded - especially those pastel colours they have.

MM

I speak for myself here, but Crocs = hippie
3051722104a5108358662m.jpg

I've got a camo pair that I use for the shower and they're great.  I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them around though.

Harris said:
I've got a camo pair that I use for the shower and they're great.  I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them around though.

You just got caught inpublic admitting to it though, good enough for me ;D.

MM

I'm a civilian, I can put what I like on my feet! I caretake an apartment building, and have crocs that I wear around in the building. They're great! I only wear them inside, so I can run up and down the stairs, in and out of suites without worrying about what's on my feet. They're plastic, so I can wash them if they get dirty. And they're so-o-o-o-o-o comfortable. I'd love a pair of camo ones though. When I bought mine they were on end-of-season sale, and all that was left was screaming lime green and baby pink. I opted for pink. As a bonus, a little Chinese lad in the building gave me a heart button to put on one. He's such a sweetheart, I'm pleased with the little gift.

Like everything else, its a matter of perspective.

:cdn:
Hawk

medicineman said:
I'll go with just plain retarded - especially those pastel colours they have.

MM

I'm only looking at bringing in either the 'Army Green' or tan coloured ones.

medicineman said:
You just got caught inpublic admitting to it though, good enough for me ;D.

MM

I didn't say I "wore" them in the shower.  Just that I "use" them in the shower.  ;D

Mark,
No. Th market is saturated with actuals and knock offs now. I doubt you'd get any great amount of sales for them.

Ok so I don't actually own a pair of crocs BUT.......

On a recent course I completed after the Nav/Field phase all the guys wore crocs to let their feet breathe and to rest the feet after some long marches. They all sung the praises of the Croc so much so that I will probably buy some myself soon.

On TF 3-07, we receive them as a ''tour gift''.  We had the choice of either black, brouwn or tan.  They are magig in you feet...  And they dont make you feet stink at all  :D  Never add a pair before but now, dont leave home with out them.

I personally have never worn them as most of the people in my area that wear them are women and the more femine men...it's created sort of a sterotype...and they don't look like tough guy footwear.

I myself will buy and wear a pair, for the simple fact they are anti-septic and antibacterial. This is not mentioned but is the reason they are used in alot of hospitals now (the closed toe / enclosed foot type, not with holes). They are supposedly really comfortable too, and I could imagine wearing them after a rough march.

How about some of these!!

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.cfm

Back