• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

d_edwards said:
What is comprised of a file update, does a new reliability screening get done , or is more a matter of seeing what changes to your competitivenss need to be captured.

CFAT is good for life, Medical is good for 12 months but they may still have you complete a basic questionnaire, a quick interview just to reconfirm what was discussed prior and to give you the opportunity to provide any updates (ie; courses, work experience, etc) that you may wish to have included and depending on the time lapse, they may redo the background checks but I am not entirely certain.

ohhhh very sad to hear that...
well I guess, there is no hope for this year````crap... next year, who knows````
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................
:facepalm:

DAA said:
CFAT is good for life, Medical is good for 12 months but they may still have you complete a basic questionnaire, a quick interview just to reconfirm what was discussed prior and to give you the opportunity to provide any updates (ie; courses, work experience, etc) that you may wish to have included and depending on the time lapse, they may redo the background checks but I am not entirely certain.

Was given some information on my file today, particularly on my cfat score which she said was in the lower end of above average, it was taken in 1999.  She suggested I could take it again to improve my score but that could backfire if my new score was lower. I dont think I want to roll that dice.  Looking at enrolling for SCMP designation program now in the event I end up with a long wait so there is something else to add to my file. 

BlueShield said:
0.000000001% to be selected for this year...awwwwww

Yeah, if you have been merit listed the earliest you're going to hear any offers is in April/May (Except of course in demand trades like pilot), and on top of that I don't think you'd be on course until August/September :(
That will make it short of a two year wait for me...minimum.

The ONLY shot in H$%& you have at this point to go sooner is for someone of your particular occupation and entry plan dropping out this course AND you happen to be next on the list...Safe to say those are some pretty slim chances.

BlueShield said:
so the waiting time can be 2 years or more```` :eek:

Yes. It's been a year and one month wait for me and I haven't even done the recruitment testing yet due to no positions open for my trade. ;) Patience is the key word in this little life lesson.

Good luck boys. They like to jerk you around a lot but remember why you're applying, it's worth the wait.

Many Masters & PHDs applied officers this year````awwwww,,, very less chance for undergrads``` :crybaby:

The week for selections is finally upon us.  Best of luck to all remaining applicants. 

Anyone have any idea what the typical turn around time from selection panel to them notifying a successful applicant is?

EME Hopeful said:
Anyone have any idea what the typical turn around time from selection panel to them notifying a successful applicant is?

No clue man

No idea what is typical. I recieved a reply from DAA earlier that I will include which may provide some left and right of arcs. Regarding notification timings. Based on this I guess anything from a few days to a few weeks is what I am expecting.  Way too many variables to expect a typical outcome in my opinion. 

"Boards are aligned with DEO BMOQ Crses conducted in St Jean.  So generally a board will run in the area of 60 days prior to the start date of a BMOQ with selections/notifications being completed NLT 30 days prior to crse start date and then normally enrolments occur in the 7-21 days prior to crse start.   They try to align the course loads based on occupations and or environment".

d_edwards said:
No idea what is typical. I recieved a reply from DAA earlier that I will include which may provide some left and right of arcs. Regarding notification timings. Based on this I guess anything from a few days to a few weeks is what I am expecting.  Way too many variables to expect a typical outcome in my opinion. 

"Boards are aligned with DEO BMOQ Crses conducted in St Jean.  So generally a board will run in the area of 60 days prior to the start date of a BMOQ with selections/notifications being completed NLT 30 days prior to crse start date and then normally enrolments occur in the 7-21 days prior to crse start.  They try to align the course loads based on occupations and or environment".

Using "past dates" and applying to today. CFLRS has up November 18th BMQ start date and stop there. Now obviously supply and demand they could "theoretically" start one more before the holidays. Whoever is scheduled through BMQ for the Holidays does get christmas and new years off paid (so about 2 weeks off paid) (verified this with recruitment a few days ago). Then picks up where it left off. Now the only people that are supposed to know about selection dates are "Production Officers" so I am unsure as to how some people think selections are this week (though would make sense given how close we are getting to the holiday break). So many variables, and the Federal Government is all 100% "circumstantial" therefore I am done with trying to understand it all  :nod: Lets just keep our fingers crossed that we are all selected.  :)

Here is link to the CFLRS Calender which has course start and end dates for Jan BMOQ courses.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

L0023E (L15) January 6, 2014 - April 17, 2014
L0021F (L13) & L0022E (L14) January 13, 2014 - April 24, 2014

Using the NLT 30 day prior to course start date for notifications as a guide I would guess that if I am going to receive "the call", it should be by mid Dec at the latest. 

EME Hopeful said:

I believe the general rule of thumb is within 10-days, however, I have seen people here notified close to 30-days after a selection was held.

so nothing we can/could do, besides of waiting...?  ^-^ :facepalm:

ya,,,, i hope we all get selected,,,everyone smiles....  :nod:

BlueShield said:
so nothing we can/could do, besides of waiting...?  ^-^ :facepalm:

ya,,,, i hope we all get selected,,,everyone smiles....  :nod:

Just remember the above line when the waiting is done and the Sgt is screaming "Boy, you better hurry that booty up"!

Back