• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Differences in the application process

DukeLuke56

Inactive
Reaction score
After spending some time on this website, especially on the Application Process Samples thread, I've discovered that there are hardly any similarities between individuals' applications. Some applications have taken years whereas some applicants have been enrolled within months of their initial application.

My question pertains mostly to the various steps in the application process. Some individuals were able to complete all steps (CFAT, medical/physical and interview) in a single day whereas some have waited several months between these steps. At my local CFRC, the recruiters have indicated that they are not able to schedule my interview until all of my medical information has been processed. While I can certainly appreciate the linear pattern of my application process (why interview someone if there's a chance that something comes up in their medical file?), what is it that determines if an applicant is able to complete these steps on the same day or in a more linear fashion?

I would imagine that the Canadian Forces reserve the right to make changes to the application process as they see fit. Just looking for a little bit of clarity on the matter from a recruiter, if possible. Thank you.

Good day,

There are many factors that can have an effect on the processing of an application. There are different entry plans for occupations requiring different steps of the application process to be completed. No two applications are the same just as no two people are the same. An individual’s background may result in additional paperwork being required as part of their application process.

As for your query on some applicants having arrangements made to have multiple stages of the application process completed in one day. Some applicants applying to join the Canadian Armed Forces live several hundred kilometers away from their recruiting center or they are living in another country and because of the travel time and cost incurred to visit their local recruiting center arrangements between the applicant and local recruiting centers to conduct multiple stages of the application process in a single day.

Thank you Master Corporal,

As I mentioned in my initial post, I am currently waiting for my medical papers to be processed so that I can move on to the interview. The recruiters were initially hopeful that my application could be completed in time for the November 17th selection dates for AEC and Pilot. Unfortunately it does not appear that this scenario will be likely, as I have yet to complete the Aircrew Selection as well. Have any other selection dates for these trades been scheduled?

It appears that the only advice I can follow at this point is "Hurry up and wait". I thank you once again for your quick reply.

Good day,

If there are not enough qualified applicants to fill the available positions on the date of selection which is 21 Oct 2014 for your three occupations then another selection date will be scheduled.

Back