• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Different Stories

bluecollared

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just went for my CFAT today and passed with flying colours. I'm applying to Infantry 031 and Combat Engineer 043. When I applied on Sept 30 I was told by the recruiter that if all went smoothly I could be off to basic around Xmas or just after the new year. But, after my CFAT today when I comfirmed my trade choices with the recruiter I was told that the earliest I could expect to get an offer would be April 2006 if everything went smoothly.

I know that every applicant is different and sometimes things come up that can delay you. I've read the thread "Application process samples" and it seems that lots of people who applied in the past few months for reg force combat arms were off to basic after 3-4 months.

I will definitly wait until April if that's how it has to be. I'm just wondering if anyone else has applied recently for any of the combat arms and was given a general idea of how long the wait would be, I'd like to hear it.

Mike

hey bluecollar,

im just wondering are you applying for the reg force or the reserves? Because my entire reserve application went over and finished in about 2 months and im off to basic in feb, if reg force then im not too sure bout time lengths though i hear its a little longer

good luck getting an offer soon

Cheers  :salute:

Lost_52 said:
hey bluecollar,

im just wondering are you applying for the reg force or the reserves? Because my entire reserve application went over and finished in about 2 months and im off to basic in feb, if reg force then im not too sure bout time lengths though i hear its a little longer

good luck getting an offer soon

Cheers   :salute:

The recruiter told me transfering from reserves to regular and actually heading off to basic would be alot quicker than if I was still waiting for reserves. He told me i'd be heading off in 1-2 months.

On the same note, a recruiter told me to transfer from reserve to regular when summer is done. A friend of mine in the Forces told me that this process can take up to a year. I'm very confused  ???

i was also talking to the recruiter about things in general and he said that it would actually take longer to transfer from reserves to reg force then if i was to start a brand new application to the reg force so im not too sure bout how that process would go.

I meant I was still in my application process when I did the transfer, so it's basically like I never checked off the "reserves" box. I'm going full time  :D 

thanks lost

i'm applying to reg force. i assume when you said you're heading to basic in feb you meant feb 2006. i hope maybe i'll get in by then. what trade did you get an offer for?

Back