• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND 404 - Driver's Licence ( merged )

Mud Recce Man said:
This guy was a great soldier, SSM ...but he mispelled "PEIR" one time...PIER...and then said to one of my buddies "well how the hell do you spell P-E-I-R then!"

HaHa... This guy sounds like quite the laugh to be around!

Sig_Des said:
There is...there's some fun quals on it as well....I like floor sweeper

Does this mysterious document have a name? ;)

geo said:
MRM & 099*...
Class & level are where your vehicles are listed..............
eg, mine say: A1 A3 B2 C52 C53 C60
(Exactly what it means - no longer have a clue though I was once qualified MSEOp (amongst other things).  Working out of an area HQ, I don't need much anymore... it's all on my 416s anyway.

Yep class and level I understand.What I was refering to was the type. class and level/classe et niveau are at the bottom I was refering to the "type" box next to the permit#.

unit                       sn
rank                      name
TYPE                   permit     speciality

On type I have  type:ll I'm almost sure I can remember having a 1 in that box.Man there are a lot of C- numbers on my 404's!

under unit, rank & permit # is "restrictions" .... which is 1 = eyeglasses

ooooo.... lookie here
Military drivers do not require a provincial driver's licence to operate DND owned or leased vehicles on public roads in Canada, providing they hold this permit and it is valid"

my layout as there seems to be many

unit                        sn
rank                        name
type                        permit number        speciality
restrictions              date issue          dateexpired

class and level

That my lay out.Yours doesnt have type?

hmmm - the form used for mine is dated DND404 (02-00)

Unit,  SN
Rank, Name
Permit #,  Specialty
Restriction, Date issued, Expiry date 
Class & Level

DND 404 (02-00) on mine as well.Issued out to me 01/-8/2005.

hmmmmm.....any mse-ops here?

099* said:
Yep class and level I understand.What I was refering to was the type. class and level/classe et niveau are at the bottom I was refering to the "type" box next to the permit#.

unit                       sn
rank                      name
TYPE                   permit     speciality

On type I have  type:ll I'm almost sure I can remember having a 1 in that box.Man there are a lot of C- numbers on my 404's!

black hatter by any chance?

three types of DND 404s as follows:
1. Type I. This is intended for the occasional driver who is authorized to drive all Standard Commercial MSE up to and including nine passenger vans. A type I license is issued based on the possession of a valid PDL and consists simply of registering the driver in the FMS. The local transportation authority may oblige type I license holders to complete a local information guide/test or briefing. DDC is mandatory by 1 Dec 2001 or the type I license is revoked until DDC is completed. As FMS is not yet connected through a national database, personnel wishing to obtain MSE away from their home unit should have a print out of their FMS registration in their possession. Otherwise, physical possession of a paper DND 404 is not essential; registration in FMS may be sufficient as determined by local policy.
2. Type II. This is for military and civilian professional and user drivers who are required to drive MSE, Standard Military Pattern (SMP) vehicles or Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) as part of their routine duties. It is issued to personnel who require certification on vehicles outside of Type I levels. The carrying of Type II permit is mandatory.
3. Type III. This is for the military or civilian personnel who do not have a PDL or formal driver training (so can not be categorized as casual, user or professional drivers) but who are required to operate MSE in order to perform a specific function limited to DND property (i.e., forklift operation in a Depot). The carrying of a Type III DND 404 is mandatory
The following terminology and meaning applies
1. Casual or occasional drivers - these are personnel who do not drive as part of their normal duties. An example is a Staff Officer at HQ who operates Mobile Support Equipment (MSE) while on Temporary Duty (TD) at another location. A casual driver may only be granted Type I driving privileges based on registration in FMS. Physical possession of the paper DND 404 is determined by local policy.
2. Professional driver - Mobile Support Equipment Operator (MSE Op) 935 and Machine Driving and Operator (MDO) whose primary responsibility is the operation of MSE. Professional drivers require Type II permits.
3. User driver - those who are not professional drivers as defined above but who operate MSE as part of their normal duties. An example is the majority of CE workers. User drivers require Type II permits

If everyone checks out the link on reply 8 from SuperSonic Max it will show you the Type of 404s out there. To be brief. Type 1 - occasional /casual driver of Standard Commercial vehicles but not in normal duties. Type 2- Professional and Users drivers who use them daily. Type 3 those who don't have a PDL or formal DND dvr trg and only to perform specific functions limited to DND property only.
You can check DWAN A-LM-158-005/AG-001 for suspension of Military and Civilian Drivers PDLs. Basically saying that anyone PDLs are suspended then their DND 404s are suspended.
GEO you are qual A1- S/C, S/w up to 9 pax c/all, A3 up to 12 pax c/all, B2- 3 ton, C52- Milcot, C53- MLVW and C60 Iltis.

hmmm...are you a credible source?

;D

just kidding.

finally a trucker shows up to edumacate all us "user" types  ;D

Hmm...A1, B1, C52, C53, C62, T2, and F4

specialties are CEFO...

A1 - s/c, s/w up to 9 pax c/all
B1- Up to 1 ton Standard Commercial
C52 Milcot
C53 MLVW
C62 LSVW
T2 - trailer up to 1 ton
F4  rough terrain forklift up 6000 lbs
C d/goods
E- DDC
F- SBC
O- Brain fart- LAV3 Air brakes

Fdtrucker said:
C52 Milcot
C53 MLVW
C62 LSVW
T2 - trailer up to 1 ton
C d/goods
E- DDC
F- SBC

I have LAVIII Air brakes? huh......Surprise

Most all the other stuff I was qualified to drive has been turned into monuments & museum displays..........
Anyone remember the International Carryall? Dodge panel with 3 on the tree?

Fdtrucker said:
C52 Milcot
C53 MLVW
C62 LSVW
T2 - trailer up to 1 ton
C d/goods
E- DDC
F- SBC

Well that satisfies my curiosity!

geo said:
Most all the other stuff I was qualified to drive has been turned into monuments & museum displays..........
Anyone remember the International Carryall? Dodge panel with 3 on the tree?

Yup - Dodge 350 Power wagon (1 ton) with 3 on the floor? Actually towed a 105 with that in Shilo for about 500 Feet... Made the strangest creaking sounds. God - International Carryall... yes, indeed. I actually had 3/4 SMP on my 404s - DOn't know how it got there, and I only ever drove one once, but it was there!

Used to love it years ago when they actually typed what you could drive on the 404's.  Now, how does that MP stopping you know what you can drive or not, let alone anyone else, including yourself.  I have a Type II Specialty A E F and of course the Restrictions 1 with Class & Levels A2.B3.C1.2.4.21.23.24.25.60.62.G10.11 and I don't have a clue what each and every one means.  I do know what I can drive from memory, as long as the aluminum syndrome doesn't kick in..... ;D

Thankfully I have never been in the esh. No offence to anyone,just not my ideal job for me.

I got

a1
b2
c10
c13
c21
c30
c52
c62                      Not many but can our friendly truckers maybe find out for me so I can write it down for future reference?

cheers

Thankfully I have never been in the esh. No offence to anyone,just not my ideal job for me.

I got

a1    Civy pattern
b2    civy pattern
c10
c13
c21
c30
c52    LSVW (I believe)
c62    MLVW (I believe)   

WRT the internationals...... funny thing about those trucks is that DND only bought the "seconds" - those that did not pass the Mfgs inspection.... consequently, I think I only got to see the inside of their glove compartment once in my career.... and the vehicle had more creaks, groans & growls than you can shake a stick at.

WRT to pulling a 105 on a power wagon... try driving a 106 gun on a jeep chassis, in Feb, without a tarp.... Brrrrrrr!!!

Back