• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Done ACS and CAPSS, Will i not get an offer???

Zorro, are you sure because I am sure the person I was talking about would not go out spend alot of money, let alone the time constaints to finish his PPL,  Maybe some of the pilots here could inform us? Maybe your friend was denied because he didn't do any "upgrading" from what he had before, or he was already in other training too deep! I do know an ex Strat officer that failed on Basic flight, was sent to the Armoured Corps, he (just last year) re-mustered back to pilot, but he didn't have to redo the CAPPS, as it was already done.
A pilot (I am currently working at a Tac Hel Sqn) just walked into my office (I knew him from before), we were talking about ASC, he was saying that you could be an awesome pilot, but you are "graded" on a learning curve, so if you fly the same every time (with no improvements) than you could fail, as you haven't improved in the computers eyes! He said he was talking to one of the computer gurus from the Atlantis corp (makers of the Capps) and he said the best marks (or perfect curve) was from the cleaning lady! They apparently threw her in there one day and she did awesome!?
So back to the topic at hand, I think it's like most people are saying, depends on alot of factors, why not also try to apply under different plans? (CEOTP) just to make your chances better?

That would be a feasible option if your still civy.

I'm already in ROTP... and I'm still green so once I learn how the system works I'll figure out a way to get there sooner or later...

You can do a PPL and re-do CAPPS, even once you've join and failed CAPPS once.  Many of my friends did it and are in the Jaw with me right now...

Max

Rowshambow said:
Zorro, are you sure because I am sure the person I was talking about would not go out spend alot of money, let alone the time constaints to finish his PPL,  Maybe some of the pilots here could inform us? Maybe your friend was denied because he didn't do any "upgrading" from what he had before, or he was already in other training too deep! I do know an ex Strat officer that failed on Basic flight, was sent to the Armoured Corps, he (just last year) re-mustered back to pilot, but he didn't have to redo the CAPPS, as it was already done.
A pilot (I am currently working at a Tac Hel Sqn) just walked into my office (I knew him from before), we were talking about ASC, he was saying that you could be an awesome pilot, but you are "graded" on a learning curve, so if you fly the same every time (with no improvements) than you could fail, as you haven't improved in the computers eyes! He said he was talking to one of the computer gurus from the Atlantis corp (makers of the Capps) and he said the best marks (or perfect curve) was from the cleaning lady! They apparently threw her in there one day and she did awesome!?
So back to the topic at hand, I think it's like most people are saying, depends on alot of factors, why not also try to apply under different plans? (CEOTP) just to make your chances better?

So does that mean you fly horrible the first flights, then do that much better on your last ones?? Must be somebody here that can clearify this, who have worked there!!

I've always wondered that.....I got a buddy of my that failed, and he did not crash the thing, or get any warnings, but others freezing the thing, multiple warnings, and they passed. Funny you should mention that!! ???

lotion said:
I've always wondered that.....I got a buddy of my that failed, and he did not crash the thing, or get any warnings, but others freezing the thing, multiple warnings, and they passed. Funny you should mention that!! ???

I don't belive that 1 second.  It is impossible to get no warning in that thing.

Max

I'm telling you what he told me. Yea, he probably mean no crashing the thing.

He must be a top gun ace...

On my first "climbing turns" session in capss the cpu was yelling warnings at me for like 4 different parameters at once.......

Its really tough (maybe even impossible) to get through the sim without even incurring 1 warning....

lotion said:
I got a buddy of my that failed, and he did not crash the thing, or get any warnings.

I call bullshit. I never froze CAPSS, but I passed. I understand in principle that the computer wants to see a learning curve, however it would be outrageous if someone who flew picture perfect every day failed.

Nope, no bullshit on the freezing of the machine, but warnings, I`m pretty sure he got some, but no freezing!

I was completely new to capss and aircrew, I crashed it ONCE durring the instructions lol. Anyways I passed and am still waiting for an offer.

tiger2099 said:
I was completely new to capss and aircrew, I crashed it ONCE durring the instructions lol. Anyways I passed and am still waiting for an offer.

Keep waiting.

Edit to above because I'm an idiot: How long DID you have to wait Hippie?

benny88 said:
Edit to above because I'm an idiot: How long DID you have to wait Hippie?

Ah yes, he discovers the profile page!  ;D

I did ACS in Sept 03 (which, as it turns out, I didn't have to do as I was an Aviation College graduate, but was still to Trenton.  Apparently was the first CEOTP pilot to go thru.  Did the sim for fun anyways with no pressure and attempted aerobatics until I was yelled at by the OIC.), and got the offer on Dec 4.  So not terribly long, as they only sit pilot selection boards a few times a year.  But I have heard others being in limbo for much longer.  I'm sure it all depends on timing, number of pilot slots to fill for that year, competition etc.. etc..  From what I understand it is quite the selection process and it's not unusual for people to wait for a while.  Bottom line is that if you get thru ACS, that does NOT guarantee you selection.  Again, (semi out of my lane here, as this pertains to recruiting), from what I understand, those that pass ACS for pilot get put into a big pile of other that have done the same, get merit listed, and then they take the top number of files pertaining to how many slots they need to fill for that time of year.  Those that don't make the cut MAY be told (depends on CFRC's, sometimes you need to press them for an answer), that they didn't make that round of selection, but their file is still active and will be merit listed again the next time around.

Hippie said:
Ah yes, he discovers the profile page!  ;D
  Rats, foiled again!

Hippie said:
attempted aerobatics until I was yelled at by the OIC
  That's the single greatest ASC story I've ever heard.

Hippie 

You mentioned that you did not have to do ACS because you were an aviation college graduate, I was under the impression that everybody has to go through the ACS regardless of there educational background, or has there been a change in the rules since you've joined?

Up until recently, those holding a diploma from a recognized Aviation College institution were granted a ACS/PFT bypass.

That policy has recently changed.

Now, all applicants will be required to attend ACS regardless of educational background. However, one may be entitled to a PFT bypass with only a valid Commercial License. (That includes a valid CAT 1 medical too I believe)

As far as where they are granting the bypass (on enrollment or after via application), I do not know.

If you attend the Commercial Aviation Management program at UWO under subsidization, you'll be granted a PFT bypass without sending an application AFAIK. If you obtain your CPL by other means, I imagine you'll have to write memos galore to get the bypass.

Done ACS and CAPSS, Will i not get an offer???

From what I have read on this forum, and after receiving a few PM's from people wondering how I even received an ASC date, it sounds like there are some who have been waiting for a while at a much earlier stage.  Personally, I would be happy to have ASC completed successfully let alone a confirmed date. Congrats to you for completing ASC successfully and good luck.

Back