• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dress reg's changed?

dogger1936 said:
;D
If it makes it any better ...I was up getting a MRI on a injury sustained by those ******** over there! :)

Hopefully not too serious, and that you'll make a full recovery.

But is does add the irony of contrasting the many posts we've seen about how guys "over there" feel they should have a free hand in choosing what they wear, when and how; and now are coming home to complain about people in the NCR are not following dress regs.    ;D

Michael O'Leary said:
complain about people in the NCR are not following dress regs.    ;D

C'mon, that's like shooting fish in a barrel.  They're just so easy to pick on.

Personally observed:

Maj wearing fleece as an outer garment (NOT at Connaught Ranges, either);

Officer (Capt?) with shirt sleeves rolled to mid-forearm (this could be an Air Force thing as I also observed it in Trenton);

Several females in CADPAT with huge purses  (why one would be needed at all is beyond me);

.......the list goes on.    ::) 

PMedMoe said:
C'mon, that's like shooting fish in a barrel.  They're just so easy to pick on.

Personally observed:

Maj wearing fleece as an outer garment (NOT at Connaught Ranges, either);

Officer (Capt?) with shirt sleeves rolled to mid-forearm (this could be an Air Force thing as I also observed it in Trenton);

Several females in CADPAT with huge purses  (why one would be needed at all is beyond me);

.......the list goes on.    ::)

Let's talk women's shoes in DEU...  is there a standard?  And do 4" stilettos meet it?

dapaterson said:
Let's talk women's shoes in DEU...  is there a standard?  And do 4" stilettos meet it?

Yes, there is a standard and no, 4" stilettos do not meet it. 

Much as JM would like to see differently.  ;)

From the Dress Regs:

with a standard (not spiked or wedged) heel approximately 5 cm (2 in.) in height.

I guess some people are quite lenient with "approximately".  No different than the AB I picked up a week ago for her hair length (below the bottom of the collar - no chit).

Although, I did find out that I can wear patent leather pumps:

With women’s skirt, beige or black plain-pattern nylons; black leather/patent leather pumps.
  ;D

Wallace as idiotic as your argument was...i'm still compelled to answer.  I made the comment about the Fleece having a flap, because then that would imply it can be worn over the combat shirt, because your most outer layer other then the white TACTICAL camo has to have a rank designator on it.  Me saying why put a rank flap if its meant to be worn as an UNDERGARMENT is completely warranted, because you don't see rank flaps on our TSHIRTS and LONG JOHNS do you?  As mentioned there's a rank flap on the combat shirt because it can be worn as an outer layer, yes you can wear a jacket over it...but come summer time when no jacket is needed you will wear only that shirt (+ undershirt) therefore you need to be able to have a rank designator on it, I didn't think I needed to explain something so simple.

That's OK.  I figured a "simple" question required a "simple" answer, as this topic has been covered almost biannually by folks like you who never cease to question why when they don't like the answers or direction given.

Biggoals2bdone said:
Wallace as idiotic as your argument was...i'm still compelled to answer.  I made the comment about the Fleece having a flap, because then that would imply it can be worn over the combat shirt, because your most outer layer other then the white TACTICAL camo has to have a rank designator on it.  Me saying why put a rank flap if its meant to be worn as an UNDERGARMENT is completely warranted, because you don't see rank flaps on our TSHIRTS and LONG JOHNS do you?  As mentioned there's a rank flap on the combat shirt because it can be worn as an outer layer, yes you can wear a jacket over it...but come summer time when no jacket is needed you will wear only that shirt (+ undershirt) therefore you need to be able to have a rank designator on it, I didn't think I needed to explain something so simple.

I may not be a mod, but I know a smart a** when I see one.

Jim Seggie said:

You should, I've been here for years.  :D

I think the answer is pretty apparent, at least to me:

In garrison Fleece shall be worn under the combat shirt.

In the field, the RSM usually directs how fleece shall be worn.

Jim Seggie said:
I think the answer is pretty apparent, at least to me:

In garrison Fleece shall be worn under the combat shirt.

In the field, the RSM usually directs how fleece shall be worn.

Kinda like how the old Sweater,Wool,Itchy, Green was worn under the combat shirt eventhough it had epaulets....

Jim Seggie said:

I respond in kind to what I receive.

I won't snap to all proper and like to someone who follows me around on here and CONSTANTLY tries to get a rise out of me.  He's made it a history of getting in my face, so to speak for no apparent reason.

Like the saying goes respect is earned.  Just like you can dislike a man/person, but still respect the rank, I respect the fact that he's been on these boards longer then I have and that odds are he's older and higher ranking in the CF, but a) rank is not a factor on here, and b) I wont just take crap sittin down, and i'd rather just hekeep his distance from me altogether.

PMedMoe said:
Although, I did find out that I can wear patent leather pumps:
  ;D

Saw your quote from the regs on this.  Is it new?  Then again, I haven't looked through it completely in a long time, usually just bits and pieces.  But I am sure that you didn't used to be able to wear patent.

Can I wear Paten Leather Footwear too?

It'll make polishing a whole lot easier.....  ;D

airmich said:
Saw your quote from the regs on this.  Is it new?  Then again, I haven't looked through it completely in a long time, usually just bits and pieces.  But I am sure that you didn't used to be able to wear patent.

It must be new; only air and naval uniformed females were allowed to wear patent leather pumps last time I checked (although I have seen a few Army types [usually Jr Officers] wearing them).

The quote is from Chapter 6, Appendix 1, Annex B:  ARMY BRANCH AND REGIMENTAL Nos. 2 AND 2A ORDERS OF DRESS - so I'm guessing it means only with Mess Kit.

However, in Annex E of the same chapter it states: 

10. Pumps, black or (navy) white: 

a. Civilian plain pattern, leather or patent leather, oval vamp, closed toe and heel, displaying no decorative features and with a standard (not spiked or wedged) heel approximately 5 cm (2 in.) in height.

(1) May be worn, as appropriate, with ceremonial, mess and service orders of dress

(2) Shall not be worn with No. 3E or operational orders or dress.

(3) Shall not be worn on parade.

Back