• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

To the one person above who said his BMQ date is January 9th. I got my offer today and my BMQ date is also January 9th. Swear in date is December 8th. I also know of one other person who starts January 9th as well. Just thought I would share. I don't know if BMOQ is different than BMQ or not.

dbrks88 said:
To the one person above who said his BMQ date is January 9th. I got my offer today and my BMQ date is also January 9th. Swear in date is December 8th. I also know of one other person who starts January 9th as well. Just thought I would share. I don't know if BMOQ is different than BMQ or not.

Well, thanks to let me know.

I guess the recruiter mistaken the dates between the Bmq vs Bmoq, because every where I see Bmoq it's January 16 and for Bmq, it's one week earlier and I'm suppose to go to Bmoq.

Well see ya at the Mega anyway

dbrks88 said:

BMOQ is slightly longer than BMQ. Officers attend BMOQ and NCMs attend BMQ.

I am at what seems to be last stages of my application at CFRC. My application is now being processed by the deck commander. My question, will I be notified by the recruitment centre, or should I contact the reserve unit I am looking to join to find out if my application is accepted and now waiting for a job offer?

Thanks,

Steven

Can't speak for your specific situation, but....

If the process is similar to the Army Reserve, usually you'll be contacted by the Unit once the CFRC returns the file to it for your swearing in process.  As you are joining that Unit, it makes sense to have the Commanding Officer swear you into the Forces, etc.  If you've finished all the steps and aren't sure when you are getting the call, I'd call the CFRC to ask if your file has been sent to the Unit (Keep in mind, there are any number of things which can hold up a file - some of which they will not tell you and you may need to wait til you get a formal letter explaining why).  If it hasn't, carry on being patient - if it has, give your soon to be new Unit a few weeks to set up your enrollment ceremony (need to get a time when the CO is available, after all). 

Best of luck.

Thanks for the great reply, I was needing to know that if I'm in or not I will get a response either way. Didnt like they idea that I wouldn't know if I was not accepted and left to make phone call after phone call for a year.

Thanks DYMO and yourboat!

I've been watching Basic Up on YouTube, and have found it to be an excellent resource on what to expect, while also quite entertaining.  I recommend watching it if you haven't already, especially the second season, which is more recent and from a winter course.  From what I've heard, the winter weather will make the physical elements of the course increasingly difficult.  Lucky for us, we get to spend more time in the classroom ;D

Has anyone received their enrollment ceremony details yet? I know from my offer letter that I get sworn in on January 4th, 2017 but I still haven't received any details on the time and location yet.

Try emailing/phoning your recruiter, they may still be trying to figure out the best time.

In my experience the day I was given my offer I was asked if I would prefer the oath or affirmation, if I planned on having visitors, and was given the time to show up for my ceremony (though the time has been rescheduled a few times). There was also an email that gave some more pre-enrollment paperwork that needed to be brought filled out to the ceremony.

Guess I'll be seeing you guys/gals at BMOQ Jan 16! I actually got my offer in early October, going in for ACSO. By the way I've noticed that all of you have your swearing in ceremonies in early January but mine is in early December over a month before BMOQ begins lol. I wonder why mine was put so early. In regards to the previous question, I got all my enrollment info and the required documents on the same day that I got my offer. By the way, did all of you just accept the offer over the phone, or did you have to send an email reply?

Fluff said:
Try emailing/phoning your recruiter, they may still be trying to figure out the best time.

In my experience the day I was given my offer I was asked if I would prefer the oath or affirmation, if I planned on having visitors, and was given the time to show up for my ceremony (though the time has been rescheduled a few times). There was also an email that gave some more pre-enrollment paperwork that needed to be brought filled out to the ceremony.

The Sergeant who contacted me did ask about my preference for oath or affirmation, asked me about visitors, and asked me verbally if I accept the offer. After that they never sent me an offer letter until I chased after them. (Thanks to Sergeant Laen's assistance on here.) So now that January is fast approaching, I'm a little worried. I guess different recruitment centres do things differently though, so I'll call them tomorrow to find out.

elsalado said:
Guess I'll be seeing you guys/gals at BMOQ Jan 16! I actually got my offer in early October, going in for ACSO. By the way I've noticed that all of you have your swearing in ceremonies in early January but mine is in early December over a month before BMOQ begins lol. I wonder why mine was put so early. In regards to the previous question, I got all my enrollment info and the required documents on the same day that I got my offer. By the way, did all of you just accept the offer over the phone, or did you have to send an email reply?

Congrats elsalado! I guess different recruitment centres schedule things a little different haha. I initially accepted my offer over the phone and didn't receive the offer letter until a month later. I then signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back.

UPDATE: I emailed my CFRC today and the Captain mentioned to me that they undergone a major shift in work flow, that's why I might not have received the info yet. A File Manager emailed me in the same day later on for the enrollment package. What a relief! ;D

Do we have to send in the signed offer acceptance or is accepting the phone offer enough? When I was being contacted for my offer I missed the phone call from my file manager who then sent me the job offer to get signed within 5 days. I called him back right after he and on that call he asked me if I accept the offer which I said yes to. He then asked me how I want to do the oath, date and time of the swearing in etc. and sent me BMOQ instructions and the various forms to bring to the enrollment ceremony. I never replied to that job offer email because I assume that doing it over the phone was enough seeing that he sent me all the info for my enrollment etc. I think I'm stressing too much about this lol.

Depends on your CFRC. Mine I had to say over the phone I accepted then also send an email reply saying I was accepting the offer. I was told there was no need to sign the paperwork as I would be doing that before my enrolment ceremony. If in doubt call your recruiter and double check they have everything they need.

I agree with Fluff. I personally would have recommended to have the offer signed and emailed back anyway as it would put me at ease with solid paperwork as reference. My CFRC also asked me to sign the offer letter after I accepted over the phone.

Congratulations on everyones offers! Just got my dates for basic today..  I will be going to BMQ St Jean January 16! 😄
Was thinking of making a fb group for everyone going at this time? What do you think? 😋 :cdn:

Mjs55 said:
Congratulations on everyones offers! Just got my dates for basic today..  I will be going to BMQ St Jean January 16! 😄
Was thinking of making a fb group for everyone going at this time? What do you think? 😋 :cdn:
Congratulations! Are you going on BMOQ (Officer) or BMQ (NCM)?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats. I for one would join a Facebook group if you decide to start one up.

Back