• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Eric, Prince Of Blackwater

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just chance the title to "Petamocto Blathers On With Self Importance and Blinders and Hijacks a Thread" so we can save other threads in the future?

The only way someone hijacks a thread is when other fools follow.

(I do agree with some of the comments Petamocto has made - but that doesn't mean that I disagree with the responders pov either, just that their response have been more of a cornered-badger style) :pop:

Now, back on topic, I think Mr Prince is probably a great guy. His problem is the speech style he is used to using - more like the blustering US Army/Marine DS which reporters don't get but like to quote out of context.
Is it reckless? Maybe.
Can it get the troops fired up? yes; in trouble? maybe.
Should we be more careful in our choice of words? Yes.

It is not about being authentic or honest when we speak in public. You can still express yourself in a way that your audience identifies with you without giving the agenda-driven media many chances to use your words out of context. Just look a Gen Hillier's speeches - they were all very carefully crafted; sure there were some sound-bites that made some people uncomfortable, but in a strict sense, he did not cross the line (whatever that is).

cheers,
Frank

This topic needs a rest - lock in place for at least the next 24 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back