• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Exercise Domestic Guardian (32 BG)

Adrian

Inactive
Reaction score
Had a chance but didn't end up going, just wondering if anyone went.  And if so, how was it overall?

I did, for one, but I was doing sigs stuff so can't say much on what was going on actual exercise-wise. Sounded like a good time though.

(Man, you guys sure used alot of Motorolas)

Its got to be most sleep I have ever gotten on a exercise

Yeah, I hope that 32 Brigade had a good sleep in the gymnasium. I thought that it was funny on Sunday how the units were comparing how much sleep they got to one another, and we kept getting strange looks when we said none. Basically, we got tasked wiith being the QUick Reaction Force. What did this mean? We provided the sentries for all four checkpoints, for the time AFTER the four enemy force broke through and killed our guys in the pool accomodations (funny how they bypassed the gymnasium, because they didn't even know over 100 people were there, you were such silent sleepers), attemded to every call and request for extra troops strength, patrolled to and secured the target house, waited in OP in the snow until the rest of the Brigade got up and stretched their arms (this lasted from around 01:00 to oh, say, past reveille), got called out to assist in securing the gates when the protesters took up their positions, and numerous other activities through the night. We also managed to get our assembly area lit with the ceiling lights, and it was officially the most smokey and hazy area in the building. Yeah, that was a good Ex.  :mad:

PS. Guess who got to clean up the armoury floor when we got back? And who was last eat? Oh, joy.  :mad:

Well Baloo, I would have changed places with ya. I mean, i did get 10.5 hours of sleep on saturday night. but..... I would have rather been out patrolling and doing crap. I mean, to be idle from about 3pm-10pm, do one hour of patrolling, then have revelie at 7am???

Then we were about 30 sec from stepping off on a patrol in teh morning, when we head end ex.  Atleast it was an easy drive back in teh ML....

Back