• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I'm not going to say that she isn't, but I also know that Tamara Lich said she was Metis and the Metis said hell no she wasn't.
Despite what the title of the article says. I did see other sources that had similar info on a broken clavicle, video of her leaving the hospital and the fact hat she is Mohawk. I have no reason not to believe those things. She’s apparently 49.

There were some FN people at the protest. So it isn’t impossible that she is what she claims to be.

It’s the other garbage about being dead etc etc that was the issue.

Her niece probably had the best advice. “Now stay away from the horses.”

To ensure I understand what you’re saying, do you mean that the bad part of this was that they said it via a means that was (eventually) accessible by the public? For me, my concern is that it seems to indicate a cultural issue, especially when one of the images is that of jackboots stomping citizens - I can’t be the only person associating the image of jackboots with Nazi soldiers…
To be clear, I was making a general statement. I couldn't see what the alleged comments or statements were, other than the Force was concerned with them or some of them (it is entirely possible it was my inability to access the social media link - anybody that knows me would understand). I don't even know if they were made by members on or about to be on the line or by a 'cheering section' using their thumbs.

Stupid or inappropriate comments are always stupid or inappropriate. I never cease to be surprised how some people, who should really know better, both from an ethical and technological perspective, get completely brain dead when it come to beaking off on social media. The police community, like the CAF, is large and diverse, and it would be disingenuous to expect that all members are shining 'poster boys' for their organization.

Several years ago, we had a NCO caught on media camera saying 'whack 'em and stack 'em' just as they were deploying to a strike line. His career took a turn.

I anticipate the Emergency Act passing the vote today when the NDP supports it.

Politically, I find this entire saga very interesting in that it shows the inherent strength of the Liberal Party and their ability to play both sides of the fence.

A bunch of NDP MPs have spoken out about the support but Jagmeet thinks it's more dangerous to concede to the Right Wing than it is to support the legislation.

Thinking the EA just saved the government a billion dollars on payouts?
Colour me paranoid, but I started noticing the "strengthening gun control" ads returning to TV just as this whole Wellington Street goat rodeo was ramping up. Then, rumbings of an RFA to the CAF followed by whispers about invoking the EA. As I posted in the "Gun Control 2.0" thread, were the Liberals using these TV ads to shape the battlespace for eventually using the intended-all-along EA to seize all the banned guns once the amnesty expires?

Nothing surprises me anymore. We will have our answer in the next 71 days.

The only Canadians that matter right now are the ones who will vote on this later today. It will be a whipped vote and the measure will pass, despite what their constituents may really want.

Last edited:
Strongly oppose-39
Strongly support- 38
Somewhat support-13
Somewhat oppose-5

39+5= 44

38+13=51

:sneaky:

The only Canadians that matter right now are the ones who will vote on this later today. It will be a whipped vote and the measure will pass, despite what their consituents may really want.
That poll shows more Canadians support it than oppose it.

That poll shows more Canadians support it than oppose it.

True.

Somewhat support-13
Somewhat oppose-5
Don't know-6

So the middle is 24% with 39% and 38% taking strong positions in opposition to each other.

My read on that poll is that the middle is disturbingly small.

True.

Somewhat support-13
Somewhat oppose-5
Don't know-6

So the middle is 24% with 39% and 38% taking strong positions in opposition to each other.

Statistically very close using that metric.

True.

Somewhat support-13
Somewhat oppose-5
Don't know-6

Almost as if some have intentionally been driving a wedge between people for political gain, with little regard to what that does long term.

Another observation:

It's apparent from watching the footage that they had to fly in Police from across the Country to deal with the Ottawa situation.

Quite clear to me that had this thing gotten any bigger, they would have potentially been unable to control it, especially if more blockades had cropped up simultaneously.

Last edited:
Back