• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freeze on component transfers

TimBit

Inactive
Reaction score
Apparently CMP has declared a freeze on all component transfers effective immediately. Sad stuff... Ah well, some more waiting I guess...

Nothing out yet, to my knowledge. Info was passed on to me by my file broker. Closed until further notice - most likely until next FY for most MOSID. Processing will continue, but no hiring.

Clarification required:

In your case with the broker, is this related to the combination CT/OT? (IE. Changing trades at the same time).

I haven't found a reference either on this despite also looking over the CMP website as well. 

Thanks!

I suspect this may be due to the CF being at or about its Regular Force strength target; in that case, it would make sense to slow intake into other than Red trades.  And even then, a CT directly into a Red trade would probably get priority over a CT/OT.

However, it's good news that processing will continue - that means if openings do occur in this FY the files will be ready to go (and also for next year, as well).

In my case, yes a CT/OT, but (without posting the message that was sent to me, for reasons you understand I am sure), what I am told is that all trades have more application than positions. Some trades may see a restriction lifted earlier (presumably red trades) while the majority are unlikely to see it before new FY. I would suspect that while straight CT's add directly to the TES, they in fact also occur most of the time in green trades, so 4 quarters or a dollar really.

that's really unfortunate. Would it be faster to get out and reapply in this case? I'm hoping to CT/OT into an "in demand" trade. I submitted my CT/OT request the same time as a buddy of mine dropped his papers off at the CFRC (we're both applying for NCS ENG) and he is already on his interview stage i believe.

Globemaster said:
that's really unfortunate. Would it be faster to get out and reapply in this case? I'm hoping to CT/OT into an "in demand" trade. I submitted my CT/OT request the same time as a buddy of mine dropped his papers off at the CFRC (we're both applying for NCS ENG) and he is already on his interview stage i believe.
Don't quit. They most likely won't let you back in without a waiting period.

Hmm, if that's true it's certainly a change from LGen Leslie's push to keep everyone in at all cost.

Well, nevermind what the former CLS said, Infantry of all things is over-subscribed, so no luck there. In fact, my rumour sensor in NDHQ has it that the state of Infantry has a lot to do with the freeze, as the SVOTP for Infantrymen currently has priority over any other career options.

I love being in the Infantry as much as someone can love their job, but I think most people would OT to anything with enough of a signing bonus offered.

Petamocto said:
I love being in the Infantry as much as someone can love their job, but I think most people would OT to anything with enough of a signing bonus offered.

A signing bonus is only awarded to pers who are already qualified in the deficient Trade that is offering it.  That means that the person was either qualified as a Reservist, a former member or has had a PLR done for their college qualifications.  One does not simply get a signing bonus for applying to a Trade that offers it.  They have to be qualified first.  If the CF has to qualify you to the Trade, then no signing bonus.

Is This true for all trades. The talk around the mess is that everything is frozen. The reason i ask is i received an email yesterday saying my CT is being processed and they will get back to me shortly. Im going from PRES Field Arty to REG Mp. Not sure if that makes a difference?

I think the idea is that applications will still be processed but you won't get your hiring message until the new fiscal year. I just got an e-mail from my file manager regarding my CT/OT being processed as well.

That is definitely the feeling I got too from my exchange with my file manager. Will be processed but offers withheld until the freeze is lifted.

I got an update from my file manager today stating that there are currently 4 open positions for NCS ENG so maybe some of the red trades are still hiring

It wouldn't make sense if direct CT's (same trade to same trade) are closed, unless theres no cash left for cost moves.

Or if there aren't any slots??? The RegForce hires X many people a year: once they have hired that number per trade, DGMC needs to authorize any further hiring in that trade. Of course, if you are qualified and your quals are current, you sit at the top of the pile. But if there are no slots left, you will still sit at the top of the pile until a slot opens up, likely next FY.

Back