• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Future Helicopters

How does the CT7 compare to this?
Depends which version.

The T-901 currently sits at about 3000-3100shp according to the GE guys I spoke with.

CT7 varies between 2500-3000 for -8 variants, but I believe the T901 is notably lighter and many fewer moving parts (so the GE reps say).

Depends which version.

The T-901 currently sits at about 3000-3100shp according to the GE guys I spoke with.

CT7 varies between 2500-3000 for -8 variants, but I believe the T901 is notably lighter and many fewer moving parts (so the GE reps say).
I was thinking the Cyclone installed variant. It is the only one I know.

I believe that one is actually 3000, so very similar. The claim to fame for the 901 is lower weight, lower SFC and longer TBOs.

Bell is apparently trying to sell the V-280 to Australia. Having another customer would certainly help the program.

Several countries have MOU’s with the Army to provide for the ability of them to buy into the program. I suspect that many want to wait till fielding has begun to see if it is an actually viable solution, or if it will be more like the Osprey and/or have considerably high drag to FOC

Oh to be a fly on the wall at DAR. The V-280 is probably more than we need. But no other real future proofed options. And BHC could probably do license production in Montreal....

I've seen that one at Fort Rucker, or whatever they're calling it now, a few times.

Note the four-bladed rotors as well.

Back