• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Google-earth sightings....

Cool, thanks George Wallace. That must have been one intense explosion.

Perhaps you or someone else can identify the black planes at the center of this google map link of Cold Lake. I know its not Canadian and I just went through wikipedia searching all active US planes, but with my untrained eye it could be any number of aircraft.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Canada&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=18&ll=54.406814,-110.282682&spn=0.001517,0.005407&t=k

if your refering to the 2 black jets sitting in front of the tiger motif Hornet, I believe their F-15's.  This shot is from the air show, so you'll see a ton of birds on the tarmac

George Wallace said:
You are in Croatia.

#$%#@! Yeah, you're right...but it's just a little bit. (Note to self:  Turn on borders.)

HitorMiss said:
Some people just can't leave the Operation behind George LOL

:p

George Wallace said:
Those are the Five, Ten, Fifteen, and Twenty Mile Circles along which numerous and various recording instruments were set up to monitor the world's largest 'intentional' non-nuclear explosion in the center of DRES (Suffield).  Now we will have to kill you.   ;D
George

I know these circles all too well I drove around them for 3 years, If I knew no one would do me in I would tell some stories that would make your skin crawl on what is buried out there  at 50°18'7.79"N 110°55'21.62"W. I wonder if the now RSM 12 RBC would still think we were outside one of these circles and not inside and wonder what those littel ticking devices at  50°25'11.54"N 110°56'30.02"W were beside our C/S poor CC 34B argued up and down with me what grid we were in.
To this day I still glow in the right light.

Cheers

And to the navy site comment there were boats on the South Saskatchewan River just Brits on a cruise with their assault rafts.

Back