• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Homefront - Documentary March 10th

Pea

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up that Global Currents will be broadcasting a documentary entitled "Homefront" on Saturday, March 10th. The families featured are all from Edmonton. I was passed this information from someone who participated in this documentary, and I am definitely looking forward to it.

I've included the banner for the documentary, as well as the link to the website where it will be available to be watched once it's debuted, in case you miss it on TV.

banner-1.jpg

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/globalshows/globalcurrents/index.html

Hey All..

Just wanted to bump this up and provide a new link to the documentary. This has pictures, video, and information on it. Looks like it'll be pretty interesting.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/globalshows/globalcurrents/homefront/index2.html

I'm actually off work that night, I start my holidays from work that weekend so I guess I will get to see it. Thanks for the info Pea!

~Rebecca~

For those of you in the Edmonton Area, PM me, and I can give you details for the Premiere, which is on Sat 3 Mar.  PPCLI Gal and I will be there - and apparently I will be giving a speech of some sort - feel free to sleep through that one.

Thanks for the heads up Pea.

I have marked it in my daytimer and set my VCR...now I gotta go find a tape.

Cheers,

CAW

Well, I just got home from the premier of this documentary. I must say it was REALLY well done, and definitely worth a watch. It sends out a very good message, and provides some true insight to it all.

For the emotional folks (like myself..) you may shed a tear or two, just a warning. Please take the time to check it out, I think you'll be glad you did! I'm so very proud of my friend for allowing them to show this piece of her life.

It was fantastic!  I cried the whole way through, and I am sure I was not the only one.  Cheers to those families who allowed us in their lives and the producers who made it come to life.

any chance can record it digitally? I don't have one of those fancy 'picture boxes' but would like very much to watch it on my computer.

CRC,

It will be available to watch on the website I first provided, after it has been broadcast on Global.

simysmom99,

I cried pretty much the whole way through too. A fantastic job indeed!

Yup - I was a bit of blubberer myself...(don't tell anyone...)

Yrys said:
other then the ones that read Army.ca ;) ?

I am relying on the scant illusion of anonymity that this site provides me... 8)

Just wanted to bump this up, as it is on tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to a second watch.

And if we didn't need any more reason to watch...we have our own Army.ca folks on the show as well....

Ahhh damn... she's busted!   >:D  Yes one of our very own just happens to be one of the highlighted couples. I must say her and her hubby did an awesome job!! Kudos to you two!

..and since you posted the photo, you might catch a glimpse of myself during the homecoming scenes.

That was one helluva documentary.

I'm glad I made sure to watch it. And I'm also glad I had my kleenex handy.

HEY!!!

It's only 1630 out here on the Left Coast.  Some of us haven't seen it yet.  No spoilers, PLEASE!

Roy

Edited to add:  On second thought - why should all of you withhold your comments for MY benefit??  I'll just ignore this thread until after I've seen the Documentary.

I'm looking forward to watching it on BC time (22:00 here, after g/f's small human has gone to bed). The joys of satellite TV  ;D

....and not just for those hotties, A & K  ;)

Roy Harding said:
HEY!!!

It's only 1630 out here on the Left Coast.  Some of us haven't seen it yet.  No spoilers, PLEASE!

Roy

Edited to add:  On second thought - why should all of you withhold your comments for MY benefit??  I'll just ignore this thread until after I've seen the Documentary.

Roy,

You have to remember...I am a wife experiencing deployment right now...of course I'd need my kleenex handy.  :-*

Back