• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Long Have You Served in the CF?

How Long Have You Served in the CF?

• Total voters
That's Ok, I knew a new Pte in CFSCE who was 49! when he joined.

cplcaldwell said:
Damme, I thought that would be my own unique accomplishment....
Stand in line, my friend, stand in line.
;D

BYT Driver said:
That's Ok, I knew a new Pte in CFSCE who was 49! when he joined.

I taught on a recruit course with a Burmese doctor aged 46.  He wasn't allowed to practice until he developed english language proficiency.  He decided that joining the army was a good way to get to learn eanglish and earn a pay cheque...ummm...

I can just imagine the language he picked up.  He will ceratinly have the most "colourful" bedside manner.  ;)

You're asking about service in the CF, yet this is posted in 'The Canadian Army' (and yes, I know that the board is Army.ca...lol).  But I'll still respond! 

Enrolled in Jun '91 in the Naval Reserves and 15+ years later, still here.

27+ years total.

4 years Infantry Dec 56 - Aug 60.
23+ years Musician Aug 60 - Mar 84.

CD1 and the one they sent me for service in Germany 57-59.

and, I would probably do it again now if they were taking 68 year olds.  :) What do you think Kincanucks, am I too old to join?  ;D

All the best    Drummy

BernDawg said:
I am going to receive my CD1 in Jan.  Yup still a Cpl and it's not for any lack of trying I can assure you of that!  That's all reg time straight out of highschool.  :salute:

edit:  A couple of different trades to boot.

Bern,
had a couple of cadets the other night going through some old PPCLI parade photo's (all three bn's). One asked me the same thing, "how come there is very few CD's in all these photo's, yet plenty of other ribbons". My reply was mumbled

18 years Reg Force

Joined up at 20 y.o. after a little trip to University. Funny thing though, even with all the Pte's our trade had back then, I still managed to be the youngest one at the Men's Christman Dinner in Halifax, got the Head Table, the Tunic and to cut the cake. I did not send everyone home early!!  >:D Actually I did.  ;D

5+ years in the Reg.  Still not qualified ;)  An other 2-3 years before you can give me a real job...

Max

Almost 7 years regular force armoured.Planning on remaining in current MOC till retirement.

British Army Sept 74 Sept 92
Canadian Army reserve Jan 93 - still serving :salute:

Daddy... is that you? LOL Good one Trinity!....though from my infantry back in the early '80's (different times & attitudes), after I remustered, I would break out in a cold sweat half expecting a call to the effect of " Hello, I'm your son / daughter"
....wait a minute; 85, 95, 05; 20+years; S**T, that could still happen! Cripes I need a cold beer, sweatin' like a pig! Gotta go! LOL

-gerry

Back